• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do food trucks work?

This guy, The Blaxican, makes good food.

From his website:

Here is how you can book the Blaxican Food Truck as a vendor for your neighborhood or event. Currently we are offering online preorders for community/apartment complex events to help with social distancing.

We need at least 40 orders for it to be advantageous for us to come to to your event/community

Simply email us at info@blaxicanfood.com to check availability
Please provide, complete address where truck would park, note if you have had trucks before and what day of the week or specific date you are interested in,

The food trucks I know of have a set limit on how much money they need to make while catering an event. If that limit isn’t reached the person booking the truck has to pay the rest.

Check out your nearest large construction site around lunch time.

Used to be Roach Coaches selling on site, now it is mamacitas out of mini vans. Phenomenal how many folks they feed in a short time and the food is good and relatively cheap.

They would be available on Sat and Sunday too......

Seems like a lot of the local events like Cherry Blossom Festival, and even the local church events always have a good selection of food trucks. Lots of variety. I know Ingleside Baptist had their Trunk or treat and had CFA, Zaxby's, a BBQ truck, Guitarras Mexican, and they were pretty quick considering the large crowd.

We attend and host shoots throughout the year where there are 50 to 500+ folks.
1. Check with the local high school booster clubs as concessions are normally their primary fundraisers.
2. Invite a food truck or two.
3. Pizza - You can order pizza and sell it by the slice for quick and easy food for hungry teenagers and parents.

As shoot management, you already have your hands full, leave the food to someone else :D

I’ve used The Varsity’s food truck in the past with great results. We would choose the menu in advance and provide an accurate number of meals to be prepared. I always included the food in the cost of the event vs. have the attendees purchase their food individually

Most trucks that I’ve contacted need you to guarantee ($$) that a certain number of meals will be sold, and you’re responsible for trash collection and site cleanup

Back
Top Bottom