• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do I improve Powder Measure time?

This is now my first choice. There's a great review about this setup on the hide.

I'll need to sell a rifle to afford it though. I may just pickup the scale and add on the V2 trickler later when I can afford it.

Thank you for the mention we try and provide the best service and products at the best prices online
if anyone has any questions we are here to help with your questions
https://ce-products.myshopify.com/

Thank you for the mention we try and provide the best service and products at the best prices online
if anyone has any questions we are here to help with your questions
https://ce-products.myshopify.com/
I was going to recommend this as well. However, if I don't measure every throw I feel like I am getting just a real good shelf ammo. For my target loads I weight the projectile and make usually two piles of different weight projectiles. Then I measure every single powder throw to make sure I am right on the money. I am real anal about my target reloads. When I making higher power self defense loads I just measure every other throw. I put those in the thick zip lock baggies so I can keep them apart. The whole reason I got into reloading is to make more accurate rounds and really not to save money. I just look at it as the nature of the beast. If you want real accurate and repeatable results time is a part of the process and there is really no way to get around it. If you are just reloading to stock up on self defense rounds then the unit above is a great product.

I watched a special on TV about ammo production for the Armed Services Marksmanship program. They weigh the brass, the projectile and the powder throw to ridiculous precise weights. Then they separate each cartridge into different boxes. It was quite interesting. Those snipers were stamping some unbelievable groups though. If every shot wasn't through the same whole they were touching each other and that was with iron sights only. Crazy talent!

***BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY***
Starts Right Now - Ends Monday Nov 27 11:59pm

https://ce-products.myshopify.com/…/fx-120i-reloading-scale…

USE CODE: BFCM17

$10.00 off scale,
Free 100 Gram Calibration Weight
Free Programming,
$45.00 in savings
Applies to FX-120i,HR-100A, Autotrickler package and FX-120i Combo Package

Please Share! Stocked and ready to ship out
Questions please call 1-800-535-3751

Ok, I bought this setup and have finally gotten to the point where I can give some feedback.
I bought the scale and v2 trickler as a package. It came preprogrammed, so I didn't have to worry about that.

I had a bit of a learning curve, but now can produce loads about one a minute. I am still working up loads for my rifle, so I am changing a after just a few rounds. That is killing my speed. Eventually I'll settle on a constant load and expect things to move along even faster.

Although speed was my first want, consistency is way up with this scale. I pulled 20 rounds I previously loaded with my Ohaus 10.0.5 scale and found many off about .04gn but a couple were .10 under.
At least I know my weights are consistent now.

Only negative:
Wish I could have gotten this BF deal...

I also bought the same setup and love it. Last week I averaged loading 50 primed cases in 24 minutes. This was on some .308 Win ammo for a friend. 44.7 grains of Varget under a Sierra 175 TMK. Started with 50 primed cases in a tray, hit each one with the mandrel, switched to the seater die, throw a charge and seat a bullet. By the time the loaded round is in the case the powder is waiting on me. Each charge is dumping under 10 seconds to +/- .02 and I haven't even tweaked the setup yet. I did upgrade to the Area 419 base and it is super easy to adjust. I guess technically that is the one thing I tweaked - the level of the trickler.

I'm thrilled with the setup. No offense meant at the guys using a Chargmaster; it is a good powder thrower for the money. I just was not happy with the speed or the charge consistency. I spent a lot of money on the FX-120i and I feel it was worth every penny for my needs.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom