• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do I repair this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being in a closet i assume I would just patch it take a piece of drywall about three inches larger and trim the back side of piece to fit hole leaving paper on front to extend over old wall and install with dry wall mud. Smooth and repeat mud till covered well, then sand and paint. Walaa. Good luck
That’s called a “hot patch”…..hehehe….

He cut the pipes short - the red one is leaning out. If the drywall is not ruined - soft and will get black mold - foam it in with a can of medium expansion foam. Zinzer the drywall to kill any possible mold. I would also look at doing a frame box around the pipes in case it happens again.

Had a leak in a hose a week ago. The plumber came and repaired it, but now I have a hole in the sheet rock. It measures 4.5” x 10”, is in a tight space in a garage closet.

What do I need from the Depot to fix and seal it so cold air doesn‘t get in the walls? Please use small words. Anything more complicated than a light switch is normally out of my league.
View attachment 3958723View attachment 3958724
I would cut out all the stained sheetrock all the way to the floor and pull out all the wet insulation to make sure there is no mold. Then repatch. Buy the sound of your experience I would do all the demo and hire someone to do the patch

Since it is in a garage closet, I would not bother to patch the drywall. Get a piece of 1/2 inch plywood and cut it several inches larger than the hole. Put a few screws into the studs. If it ever leaks again, you have an "access panel".

Since it is in a garage closet, I would not bother to patch the drywall. Get a piece of 1/2 inch plywood and cut it several inches larger than the hole. Put a few screws into the studs. If it ever leaks again, you have an "access panel".
To add to his point, you can pick up a plastic/nylon access panel at Lowes or Home depot for 20 or 30 bucks. Simple to install, locate the studs, make sure the panel fits between the studs, place the panel on the wall around the existing hole (and between the studs), mark the hole and cut the drywall with a keyhole saw or razor knife. The access panel has about a 1.5 inch frame around it so once you slide it in the hole, you simply screw the frame to the wall.

Here's a great example (they come in different sizes) : https://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Plu...Door-Removable-Hinged-in-White-12AP/314064860

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom