• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do yall deal with this every day?

This pic is the slow moving traffic jam on 75 South at the Southlake Mall exit. It took me an hour and twenty minutes to get from Southlake to the Tanger Outlet exit. And when you finally get to the feont of it...there's no wreck. No lane closure. WTF?!
I should've made my way around to 41. I saw the backed up traffic on the way up and it started around Griffin. If you live anywhere north of the Griffin/ Jackson exit I feel your pain.
I see your probelm... It's all them Florida tags in front of you. lol

I didn't think of that beforehand. As a general rule I tend to think that as long as I stay south of the airport I'll be good to go. But it doesn't seem to work out that way anymore.
Seriously, driving through Atlanta makes my legs and neck hurt since I stay tensed up the whole time. Yall seem to have two modes up there. One is the 5 mile brake light crawl. And that's bad enough . But the other mode is 90 miles per hour and three feet apart. That's the one I can't deal with anymore.
So stop going five miles per hour in the left lane

This pic is the slow moving traffic jam on 75 South at the Southlake Mall exit. It took me an hour and twenty minutes to get from Southlake to the Tanger Outlet exit. And when you finally get to the feont of it...there's no wreck. No lane closure. WTF?!
I should've made my way around to 41. I saw the backed up traffic on the way up and it started around Griffin. If you live anywhere north of the Griffin/ Jackson exit I feel your pain.
So, you had a taste of my every day life Monday thru Saturday from 5am till evening….
METRO Atlanta is really the LA of the East… — Well, them commies are all moving to this area….:mad::mad:

October 1980 I hit the Grady curve at 115+ mph in a ‘76 El Camino and passed an Atl city cop on my way to Ga Baptist where my wife & MIL were. My wife was about to have our first son, the cop never even hit the blue lights or anything. In ‘96 I got a call from a nurse at Crawford Long hospital telling me I needed to hurry to the hospital because I had to sign paperwork for my Dad to have life saving surgery. I made it from my house NW of Newnan to the hospital in right at 20 minutes in a ‘96 Grand Marquis with the police handling pkg, I hit the Lakewood Ave curve at 103 mph (digital dash) in the outside lane and actually stayed in my lane and was still running 98 mph when I came outta the curve. Man, talk about a pucker factor of about 9.5 outta 10! I didn’t mean to hit that curve that fast. Lol! Those hwy’s were where I learned how to deal with traffic, the traffic wasn’t as bad in the mid 70’s but it could still be a helluva mess at times....

Back
Top Bottom