• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you aim?

You must ain't real acquainted with the judicial system in this country.

Most juries are composed of IDIOTS, that's the way the lawyers like them to be.

What if you loaded your weapon then took careful aim and killed the perp? This is what the prosecuting attorney will claim, and that you could have went and hid in your safe space until the threat was over.
Do you have precedent cases on this you can share or are you just speculating what they could say?

Conversely you dont aim and hit a bystander it will be much, much worse

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

sight-picture.jpg

Right thar.

Focus front-clear the rear will be a tad blurry.

Then there is feel, gross blur of the top part of the slide and rapid successive firing of shots at close range.

Is anyone on here a member at Creekside Firing Range? If so would anyone like to meet out there and shoot? I'd like to see how my grip compares and if there's something I'm doing. I didn't think about the factory sighted in distance. That would make the most sense to me sense
I shoot at Creekside all the time.. But mostly rifles..

You must ain't real acquainted with the judicial system in this country.

Most juries are composed of IDIOTS, that's the way the lawyers like them to be.

What if you loaded your weapon then took careful aim and killed the perp? This is what the prosecuting attorney will claim, and that you could have went and hid in your safe space until the threat was over.

this is again much like the DA is going to burn you IF you don't/do use a certain ammunition.
Now IF you have actual real situations where a DA or jury has found someone guilty of aiming while shooting a assailant while in a defense of their life I would like to research that.
there are all kinds of what ifs, and so forths floating around but few actual occurences.
First I personally don't know of a occasion where a DA prosecuted someone that was legally defending their life, that's not generally who is charged , the perp is.
maybe in a civil liability case but that's a different matter.
people miss enough when confronted by an assailant to think aiming is bad idea. even for police officer is in my opinion kind of off the wall statement.
I am somewhat familiar with the judicial system having worked in public safety some 32 years, having arrest powers and testifying in both local, state, and Federal court by the way.

When I practice on the knock down plates at River Bend Gun Club I always take half my time doing the point and shoot method. That's basically pointing the gun in that general direction and trying to knock down the plate. Too many people focus on knocking every single plate down and consider that success. To the amount of time it takes to do that is key. I encourage everyone to practice the point and shoot method even if it doesn't knock down a plate. Putting in a little time each practice session will net you a higher hit ratio in a stressful scenario.

Most self defense situations are going to be in a dim lite area and render the sights useless. That's where the point and shoot method pays off immensely. Larry Vickers an ex-special forces soldier use to do a Defense show on Outdoor channel and his idea was to start with the gun in the middle of the chest. Extend the arms straight out from your chest while you are standing square to the target. When your arms are extended straight out make the shot. This standing sideways and pointing the gun with the barrel and grip pointing at the 3 and 9 o'clock position is movie crap. C.R.A.P. and a grotesque misunderstanding of how to properly shoot a handgun.

Now I know everyone likes to practice their accuracy and that is fun makes for a nice day at the range. However, the likely hood of being able to take your time and fine tune your shot is very, very low and the point and shoot method is going to come into play. That's why 60 percent of law enforcement shots are a miss. That's not the real stat I think it's higher. My point being get the sights the way you like to shoot and get accurate with that but God sakes take some time and do the point and shoot method. Just in case. You should be able to look up the Larry Vickers point and shoot method. Like the guy said earlier if you can hit the pie plate 4 out 5 times from 10 to 15 feet with the point method you can survive any gunfight. Actually you will be a modern day Doc Holiday. " Proceed Sir ".

Back
Top Bottom