• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you feel about it?

Our club has 10 members and 10 spots. Each member gets their own spot and are responsible for their stand site(s), planting of plots, feeder placement and filling, etc. I have two large shooting houses that I built and keep maintained, as well as my cameras feeders and plots planted. Our club president (who is a longtime buddy of mine) plows all plots and bushogs all roads, trails, and plots in lieu of paying annual dues. That said, I keep my houses locked any time I'm not there simply because 6 out of 10 of the members never do anything to their spots and never show until deer season. I would let a couple members hunt my spot if they asked but that's it. I like it that way, much less drama between grown men and don't have to worry about things like the OP is dealing with happening.
:thumb:

Any stand on my lease is fair game, including mine. I put a fella on a nice buck today and he killed it right after first light, couldn’t be happier for him as it was his first
“wallhanger” buck.
If folks in my lease don’t play nice and share, I send them packing.

I can relate to how you feel. Years ago I took a friend hunting and he ended up killing an 8 that net 143. I had seen the deer several times during bow season but could never get a clean shot. First sit during gun season the buck comes in and I’m raising my gun to shoot him and boom. Dude shoots him and he runs and falls over about 20 yds from me. He got turned around in the dark and went past the area where he was supposed to sit and ended up about 100 yds from me. Yea it sucked, bad. Stay the course and don’t get down. Your big deer will come in time. I’ve killed several good ones since then and now I tell my friends about good deer I see in hopes they might get a shot. You will get there, hang tight.

Back
Top Bottom