• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you guys maintain in this atmosphere

I'm down visiting Atlanta from Virginia this weekend or this week and it's 15° hotter, I've been sitting in traffic for an hour, 80% of the radio stations are rap thug wrap or some form of female bullcrap that they try to fit 45 octaves into one word. I haven't seen this many cars since I left Atlanta in Virginia total. I am so glad I'm out of this freaking State the radio station suck the traffic is ridiculous.

STFU or go back to Virginia.

How are the gun laws in Virginia?

In March 2020, the Virginia State Legislature passed 7 gun control bills. The bills included the following provisions:

• Criminal background checks are now required for all gun sales, excluding sales between family members and under certain other circumstances. Private party transfers between individuals who do not have a pre-existing relationship now require a background check conducted at a gun store.[7]
  • Handgun purchases are now capped at 1 every 30 days. However, people with licenses to carry concealed pistols are excluded from this limit.[34]
  • Virginia now has a red flag law. Judges can temporarily order the seizure of firearms from persons who are deemed a threat to themselves or others.[17][35]
  • Local governments have expanded power to ban firearms in certain sensitive areas, such as government buildings and public events.[6]
  • The penalty for allowing a child under 14 years of age to possess a firearms by leaving it unsecured in a reckless fashion was increased from a Class 3 misdemeanor to a Class 1 misdemeanor.[36]
  • People subject to "permanent protective orders" (domestic violence restraining orders with a maximum duration of 2 years) are required to surrender their firearms to local law enforcement, sell them to a licensed dealer, or give them to a person who is not prohibited from possessing firearms within 24 hours of being served notice of the protective order.[37]
  • Gun owners must report lost or stolen firearms to police within 48 hours.[38]
An assault weapons ban that was pushed by Virginia Governor Northam did not pass after significant protest by gun-rights advocates.[39][40]
Wow! Talk about infringing on our (Virginian's) 2nd Amendment rights! Seems like some of those Provisions would be struck down by a state Supreme Court.

Back
Top Bottom