• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you guys maintain in this atmosphere

Moved from Georgia coast to NE Atlanta suburbs in 1968. Seemed like paradise.
50+ years of steady decline and gradual urban decay and immigration (foreign and Northern) have eroded the dream.
Throwing in the towel and going back to the coast, to a community which is still majority conservative. Just hope it can maintain another decade or so.
And no, I won’t let the door hit me in the @$$ on the way out. :)

I am not complaining about this site. Lotta good peeps on here and I enjoyed meeting a lot of you through the classifieds. Don't get me wrong VA. Is not Shangrila but it has no traffic and up in the mountains the people are nice after you are there for a while. Once they know you are there to stay. They aren't mean just reserved to a point.

I am not complaining about this site. Lotta good peeps on here and I enjoyed meeting a lot of you through the classifieds. Don't get me wrong VA. Is not Shangrila but it has no traffic and up in the mountains the people are nice after you are there for a while. Once they know you are there to stay. They aren't mean just reserved to a point.
The western part of Virginia is absolutely beautiful. My wife is from Richmond. She hasn't been back home in years.
If weather and scenery are your biggest priorities, lots of places will fill the bill. If relative freedom is, Virginia, isn't it, and Georgia is panting to close that gap.

Moved from Georgia coast to NE Atlanta suburbs in 1968. Seemed like paradise.
50+ years of steady decline and gradual urban decay and immigration (foreign and Northern) have eroded the dream.
Throwing in the towel and going back to the coast, to a community which is still majority conservative. Just hope it can maintain another decade or so.
And no, I won’t let the door hit me in the @$$ on the way out. :)
Heck even in 1989 The Powder Springs area was in the boonies. A nice place to settle back then.

Up north where I am at is a fisherman's and huntsman paradise. Deer get huge. Dressed out at 200 is common but no where near record weight. Plus Vs. has reintroduced Elk and the population is thriving.

Like I said the traffic to me is enough. Every state has a ass hole to navigate. The big cities up there have the same problems the big cities in Ga. Have. It doesn't get real nice until you become a hillbilly.
Yes, Atlanta traffic is horrendous and I-285 is the deadliest interstate in the country. And it's only going to get worse given the complete ineptitude of any 'planning' efforts and the "growth=good" mantra of all local governments. (But I don't know of any big city that has tolerable traffic.)

Back
Top Bottom