• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you know when you're nipples need replacement

Gacowboy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
172   1
Reaction score
I know i will get some smart replys on this one BUTT, i am new to black powder firearms, so how do you know when they need to be replaced? On the gun.

Over time, the end will start to mushroom from the hammer strikes. Depends on the material the nipple is made from as to how long this takes. Be sure to clean the nipple or nipples after each shooting session and inspect them. The flash hole will enlarge over time from shooting and cause inconsistent ignition. Get you one of those torch tip cleaning kits from a welding supply or hardware store. Be careful and don't enlarge the flash hole.

Over time, the end will start to mushroom from the hammer strikes. Depends on the material the nipple is made from as to how long this takes. Be sure to clean the nipple or nipples after each shooting session and inspect them. The flash hole will enlarge over time from shooting and cause inconsistent ignition. Get you one of those torch tip cleaning kits from a welding supply or hardware store. Be careful and don't enlarge the flash hole.
Thanks i just ordered one.

Back
Top Bottom