• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how do you let go

You have a point. SFC/(MSG) Mark Allen was the real deal.
I will post a link if you didn't know him.

Edit. Respectfully, You look him up.
The pictures popped up.
I will share a story.
My wife and I rented a rowboat and were out on the lake at stone mountain in '03 or so. We were out in the middle and I thought I recognized him by his walk or whatever.
It was far greater of a distance to really see so we went over. It was him and his wife. We spoke briefly.
Just an odd chance meeting that I wont forget.

Dude, I'm sure you've seen me rant about kids these days not having access to Depression / WW2 era people. Even the Korean War and Vietnam Vets have something to offer.
People these days think they had to sacrifice in 07/08. But they have no clue. My grandmother used to tell me she had no use for her friends that went on and on about the good old days. Then she told me " To hell with that! I like air conditioning." Anyway, THOSE were the people who knew about sacrifice.

I hear ya. My grand father would tell me stories about living through the depression. The one that sticks out the most was when he worked to earn enough money to buy his mother a loaf of raisin bread for Christmas. I think of that every year when my kids are opening all there presents.
Sorry to get off topic.

Look for you a good church going family oriented girl or one who has lost husband and has children to date! Their are a lot of them out there! Start going to a church where you can meet and make friends and have church family behind you! Hang in there !
Take it or Leave it this^^^^^^^^^^; If they were of us ; they would have in no doubt continued on with us. All those of Zion are not Zion. Man...I hope/Pray for the best for you. But the Truth is (i know it aint popular with some due to the fact light has a way of revealing thangs we sometimes don't want revealed). I can tell you i been thru some top shelf scary S*** growin up but i aint feelin pitiful bout it. If God is Love and the source of True Joy????? And He is, CHURCH, MAN ,CHURCH (That 1). "Well'em folks a bunch'a hypocrites!!!!!!! " aint'at what we like or liked to say; one thang wrong with that ; i aint gone stand for you and you aint gone stand for me. God Bless you GB and imma be Prayin for you Man. #good to be out the rat race

I hear ya. My grand father would tell me stories about living through the depression. The one that sticks out the most was when he worked to earn enough money to buy his mother a loaf of raisin bread for Christmas. I think of that every year when my kids are opening all there presents.
Sorry to get off topic.
Ain't that the truth. For the last two years I've told everyone well in advance that I'm just not doing Christmas. I got sick and tired of the stress and anxiety.

Take it or Leave it this^^^^^^^^^^; If they were of us ; they would have in no doubt continued on with us. All those of Zion are not Zion. Man...I hope/Pray for the best for you. But the Truth is (i know it aint popular with some due to the fact light has a way of revealing thangs we sometimes don't want revealed). I can tell you i been thru some top shelf scary S*** growin up but i aint feelin pitiful bout it. If God is Love and the source of True Joy????? And He is, CHURCH, MAN ,CHURCH (That 1). "Well'em folks a bunch'a hypocrites!!!!!!! " aint'at what we like or liked to say; one thang wrong with that ; i aint gone stand for you and you aint gone stand for me. God Bless you GB and imma be Prayin for you Man. #good to be out the rat race
Honestly this might be some good stuff but the alcohol kicking in and it's jumbling in my head, I'll have to re read this thread tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom