• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how do you let go

How do you let go of all the **** you've been through in life? I'm holding a lot in and don't know why I just can't let it go. I understand life ain't suppose to be easy, i just wanna be positive and not so negative about stuff

You have to give ALL YOUR past issues and drama to the LORD, HE can handle anything and everything, he will NEVER PUT more on YOU than You can handle. If, YOU don't put your past behind you, how can you look to the Future?? I had, allot of CRAP from HOMELESSNESS, to brother's in Prison. Gave, it to the LORD, and have been Blessed ever since!!! Good Luck.

Hang in there Man , You're a Good Dude. I had a Void in my life for yrs. I'm the least of God's Children but i'm here. Just Holler at me anytime if you want to , i aint no help alone but i know who is

Accept it. It's part of who you are and if you try to deny or avoid your past it will always have hold of you. You don't need to forget or forgive, you just have to realize that it's all part of who you are today. Then choose to learn from it and not make the mistakes you have seen others make or repeat the ones you have.

I didn't have "bad" parents, but they were indifferent. That, plus some bad experiences as a young adult (nothing that many others here have not experienced) set me up for some rough times and my greatest regrets are based around feeling like I could have been a much better husband and father when my children were young. To this day if I dwell on these things my mind goes to very dark places.

With that said, once I chose to be a better man (as I think you already have), I started making good experiences and memories and through the years they have come to outweigh the bad by a large margin. I'm also highly motivated to be a good example to those around me. The best way to do that is by trying very hard to do the right thing every time all the time. You will still get screwed over from time to time, but that's part of life and how you handle it emotionally and intellectually will ultimately determine how much it will negatively effect you.

There are many paths in front of you now and it's up to you which one you take. It's an old cliche, but it's true that the way you walk the path is one step at a time. What can you do better tomorrow than you did today?

Just pretend the **** never happened. If it's not affecting you right this minute, **** it, not important. I live life at the moment and not by what has happened. I learn by what has happened, but don't let it dictate my life going forward. The past can suck, so to hell with it, as long as you've learned from it.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

Try to accept a couple of things. You cannot change anything you or others have done. The person you are is a result of your past experiences.

If I have done others wrong, I try to make it right. I find prayer helps me deal with my past. I ask God for forgiveness for my wrongs and faults. I need to forgive others for the things they have done. I ask for guidance on things I can/should do. I ask for help in forgiving myself for things I know where wrong (you are your harshest judge). I ask for peace on things I cannot change and to let me recognize when I have no control over a situation or its outcome.

I cannot change the past, control others or situations. I can only control how I respond to those things. Its an everyday fight, so I ask God for help in my reaction.

Back
Top Bottom