• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you normally respond to this?

Would you sell to a member's friend or relative not on this site?

• Depends on the member

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • I need a peak at your GWCL

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • You must sign a BoS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Tacos

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters
I guess I'm the only one on ODT who has sold something on another classified site, one that doesn't have a feedback system. :lol:
I've tried Armslist but man I can't stand it. And used to post on the GON one, but again, no thanks. I think way back in the day I did a deal through Craigslist but I felt weird about it. I guess I like being able to at least sort of know who I'm dealing with. Same reason I stopped using Craigslist for oddball items and went to FB Marketplace. I can at least see if it's a thug in the profile pic first. :lol:

Stranger danger! Yeah and most of my interactions here with members have been good. On the flip side I'm wondering why their buddy is so against joining up here to buy it them self. I'm on board with the other idea that if the deal goes sour I can neg the member who told me to call their uncle Jimmy.

If "buddy" is so well thought of by the member, then member can buy it for "buddy" and deal with "buddy".

I've straw purchased firearms off this site for "buddies" that didn't have an account. The buddy was never mentioned.

If you don't trust your "buddy" then why the hell should I?

img_1191-jpg.1661553
<- Straw purchase.

I've straw purchased

I will ONLY SELL to a friend or family member who supports the 2nd Amendment. Some guys say to me you guys with guns are crazy, can you help me get one? I'm like you vote against the 2n Amendment but now you want a Gun! Kiss My Ass! My nephew falls into this category, asked me to help him but a 1911, I told him to have Bernie Sanders help him get one! He's a Bernie supporter!
Reminds me of the people that say, "you carry a knife all the time? why?" and later ask "can I borrow your knife?"

I've also sold for "buddies" but the buyer never knew anything about the "buddy".
Ho
Good opportunity to get your friends hooked on ODT. I am not interested in dealing with someone's friend outside of ODT.
That's my thought. Tell your buddy to join the site so I can deal with him directly. Gets a new member that may enjoy the ODT and become a supporter.

You have something listed for sale, and you get a PM from a member saying their buddy or relative is interested and here's their number call them. I'm a little put off by those types of replies normally so I'll ask if they are members here and if so can they PM me directly. I don't know why, but it seems to throw up a red flag to me, even if said member has been here awhile. If said friend or relative isn't a member here I typically pass.

Maybe I'm just weird. What do y'all think?
Same cautions as members, just be sure to steer them here.

Back
Top Bottom