• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you price a used truck nowadays (realistically?)

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
505   0
Reaction score
I’m thinking about selling a few vehicles. Both are well used but serviceable. I’ve seen junk listed well over what I would Ask for either of mine. How do you price trucks now to sell? Should I just shoot for the moon with stupid pricing and see what happens? One is my 1988 K1500. 350 TBI and 4 speed auto, Tons of miles, odometer broken at around 300k but has had motor replaced as well as transmission and Rear end rebuilt over time. 4wd works body in good shape with faded red paint, and it’s fun to drive - but I have no idea anymore if it’s worth $2500 or $9500!?

Attachments

• 0AC51472-AB1C-40FB-A0BF-08DDCE2FBFBC.jpeg
    0AC51472-AB1C-40FB-A0BF-08DDCE2FBFBC.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 51
AC work? Many people ask that this time of the year. May sell for more closer to fall weather where there is no need for AC and when people will be using 4wd.

I replaced the compressor recently. It chuckles in when AC button is engaged but needs the dryer and eval replaced. I’m listing it today but really having second thoughts about selling it at all.

I’m thinking about selling a few vehicles. Both are well used but serviceable. I’ve seen junk listed well over what I would Ask for either of mine. How do you price trucks now to sell? Should I just shoot for the moon with stupid pricing and see what happens? One is my 1988 K1500. 350 TBI and 4 speed auto, Tons of miles, odometer broken at around 300k but has had motor replaced as well as transmission and Rear end rebuilt over time. 4wd works body in good shape with faded red paint, and it’s fun to drive - but I have no idea anymore if it’s worth $2500 or $9500!?

Back
Top Bottom