• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you store gas?

store in a Styrofoam cooler...

all kidding aside, non ethanol fuel, stabil and marvel mystery oil.. i chose marvel over seafoam, seafoam is kinda glorified alcohol.its good for water and a little varnish.if you add to much,it can cause the fuel to run lean and can burn valves and pistons.(had a buddy add 2 cans to a regal, he made it about 100 miles and burned his engine) marvel is oil based, if you add to much, it just smokes a little.
also a good idea is to swap it out every few months. just fill up the cars and then refill your stock..

store in a Styrofoam cooler...

all kidding aside, non ethanol fuel, stabil and marvel mystery oil.. i chose marvel over seafoam, seafoam is kinda glorified alcohol.its good for water and a little varnish.if you add to much,it can cause the fuel to run lean and can burn valves and pistons.(had a buddy add 2 cans to a regal, he made it about 100 miles and burned his engine) marvel is oil based, if you add to much, it just smokes a little.
also a good idea is to swap it out every few months. just fill up the cars and then refill your stock..
I have used Marvel for over half a Century for both fuel and oil from time to time. I keep a gallon can on hand. I only use 1 cap full of Sea Foam when using it.

I have used Marvel for over half a Century for both fuel and oil from time to time. I keep a gallon can on hand. I only use 1 cap full of Sea Foam when using it.
when i stored my mini moto,it has a 1 1/2 gal tank. i added about 8 oz of marvel.
it has been sitting for about a year now in my buddy's shop. he did the same with his. he fired them both up yesterday.
marvel is some great stuff, i treat all the gas at the shop with it. when i do a carb rebuild, i add it to the fuel as well. 90% of the time, people who let their bike sit long enough to need a carb clean, do it again in less than a tank of fuel....

I use this for small quantities.

i.imgur.com_NnhZp37.png

https://wavianusa.com/

These are the only way to go if you want Jerry Cans. I have them and they are great. They are more expensive than all the others you are talking about, but I store mine with sta-bil for years and no problems.
They also have smaller cans for gas oil mix, and water cans as well.

Watch the video on the quality of the cans, then go look at the ones from Harbor Freight.

You cant beat the no-spill gas cans. i use them all the time and you wont spill any, you can be very precise on small tanks, and there air tight. apparently gas leaches water from the air simialar to brake fluid i heard ? idk but tho no spill are the bomb, ethanol free. the tall dirtbike gas cans are great too with the 1"ish hose coming about a foot off the top, its great for diesel and filling up machines or trucks because you can bend the fill hose into the truck or machine then lift up the 5 gal jug and it will dump 5 gallons as fast as you want. sucks to sit there for 5 minutes with a standard can trying to dump out 5 gallons, gotta turn it upside down and all that nonsense. For yall wondering about the No-Spill being air tight and swelling, it has never been an issue. i have had them in the sun all day long and yes they plump up a little, and in the morning they look like they are puckered up but never had any leaks, cracks or problems.

27123.jpg

I dont know the brand of my dirtbike can its older but looks just like this, and i bought my own threaded piece for the cap and a hose that i made a bit longer for what i wanted and a homemade plug to try and keep it sealed as possible.

15-2001lg.jpg
s-l225.jpg

Back
Top Bottom