• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you store your ammo?

FWIW, beware of the 'new' large MTM plastic ammo cans. Their design sucks and the handles can rip loose if you have anything over 30 lbs or so in them. I had one let loose on me this past weekend while moving some 9mm, and it came dang close to breaking a foot.

FWIW, beware of the 'new' large MTM plastic ammo cans. Their design sucks and the handles can rip loose if you have anything over 30 lbs or so in them. I had one let loose on me this past weekend while moving some 9mm, and it came dang close to breaking a foot.

I have 3 of those cases. Each is loaded with a minimum of 1000 9mm, 45acp or 40 caliber. Two of them have around 1500 rounds and I've had no issue with them other than the potential Hernia from lifting one.

I have an uncountable amount of ammo I will never ever use in plastic ammo cans inside plastic containers in my bedroom closet. Scattered around under blankets so my wife doesn't look at it and make my life less fun. Same with my guns. I'm absurdly disorganised. And I don't even drink anymore.

I have an uncountable amount of ammo I will never ever use in plastic ammo cans inside plastic containers in my bedroom closet. Scattered around under blankets so my wife doesn't look at it and make my life less fun. Same with my guns. I'm absurdly disorganised. And I don't even drink anymore.

This post is awesome

I have 6 - 25mm cans and 4 - 50 cal cans in a wooden crate. There is no way 2 people can move that crate in a hurry without a forklift. I would keep them in smaller cans if I had to do it over again.... 30 and 50 cal cans are perfect. Make sure they have a good seal and put desiccant packs in there. I seal my reloads in 50 round packs with my foodsaver and 1 small desiccant pack.

box size comparison using 25 acp
both contain 50 rounds

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

Back
Top Bottom