• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you store your ammo?

ammo cans, the ammo cans have a nice seal on them and decorative as well so it's a win-win

the only problem is making sure i have them full and fitting the American manufactured ammo boxes in them, american ammo companies tend to use larger boxes making them less then accommodating for mass storage via ammo can (and i do not remove new ammo form their original box)

ammo cans, the ammo cans have a nice seal on them and decorative as well so it's a win-win

the only problem is making sure i have them full and fitting the American manufactured ammo boxes in them, american ammo companies tend to use larger boxes making them less then accommodating for mass storage via ammo can (and i do not remove new ammo form their original box)

Same here. S&B has the smaller boxes and that makes a big difference

Same here. S&B has the smaller boxes and that makes a big difference
have you ever tried the geco brand, its usually made in hungary, switzerland or germany and comes in very compact boxes with just enough space between rounds. It burns clean and doesn't leave as much residue as other cheap ammo like tulammo or wwb

Been thinking the same , factory ammo boxes are big and take up way to much space when storing in metal ammo boxes , I have been thinking of repacking the ammo in zip lock baggies in like 50 -100 rd bags and cut the end from the boxes and put in the bags so I would know what cal., grain,& bullit type it is. And then store them in the GI metal ammo cans. ( have differant cans for each cal. )

This a good idea or not ?

:noidea:

Been thinking the same , factory ammo boxes are big and take up way to much space when storing in metal ammo boxes , I have been thinking of repacking the ammo in zip lock baggies in like 50 -100 rd bags and cut the end from the boxes and put in the bags so I would know what cal., grain,& bullit type it is. And then store them in the GI metal ammo cans. ( have differant cans for each cal. )

This a good idea or not ?

:noidea:
More bang for your buck when it comes to ammo cans. I dig it.

Safe? Old refrigerator? Closet? I've had mine stashed in a few different places. Mainly because I've never had a dedicated area and I just put it somewhere out of sight as I buy it. Yesterday I inventoried everything and quickly realized I have a lot more ammo than I thought. Which is a good thing but I want to better categorize it and store it. Right now its in the basement with a poured wall foundation with a dehumidifier keeping it at 55% or less. I've tried stacking just the ammo boxes on top of one another but they start collapsing from the weight after about 10 boxes or more high. I'm fine with getting more steel ammo cans to store everything which will categorize it as well. But where do y'all generally keep your ammo? I keep coming back to getting a secondary safe just for ammo but I'd rather spend the safe money on more ammo lol. I searched for a thread on this subject and didn't see anything...

Military ait tight ammo cans, plus, I have AK and AR-15 must-read in my safe and web-gear. I do have a dedicated ammo/equipment closet.

Back
Top Bottom