• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you think a war with China would affect your investments?

Tikker

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
China is buying up & hoarding grain, coal, & natural gas. It may point to their preparedness for a potential war against Taiwan & any other aggressors that come to their aid. I could see them using the Ukraine issue to their advantage depending if the US pushes Russia too far and creates another point of focus that limits our full strength to help Taiwan.

Depending how far China would take the conflict, either taking our information/grid systems out with viruses or detonating a nuclear warhead above the atmosphere creating an EMP. The hyper sonic missile they tested has the capability to reach the eastern United States with no way to detect in time or intercept.

I'm playing with the idea of selling off certain stocks & keeping it as cash value in my Roth IRA as a "Just in Case" situation & use it for buying power when a drop does occur.

Time in the market not timing.

If you pull out too soon (phrasing) you miss gains. Too late and you lock in losses. I’m 20 years out so I’ll just keep buying the same dollar amount each Friday. Sometimes it’s a bunch sometimes it’s less.

I agree about exiting the market too soon & loosing out on the a bit of continued growth. Yet I come to think about the 2008 crash & think about how farther my investments could be now if I had the foresight to pull out before the drop & use the funds to buy back when the prices had tanked.

For the small gains that could possibly be lost over the large gains that can be had, it could be worth deciding which of your stock holdings would be better off to reap what has grown now before it's too late.

I don't plan to pull out entirely, but there are some sectors that could be hit hard if something were to happen.

there is so much uncertainty in the economies of the world that it is hard for me to understand why the market continues to rise. It appears to me that we are in a volatile period before a correction. I think this will happen with or without a conflict with China.

All it takes is the fed to increase rates and I think the market with start to struggle.

I am no expert, just telling you what I am seeing. I am out waiting on a correction to get back in.

Don’t think it’d hurt to diversify a little more.
Main thing, don’t make hasty decisions being reactive.
I should have been a little more reactive & sold my T stock when they stated they were going to cut the dividend. Now it's $6 lower, but it had dropped $12 before the rebound than what it was & extra shaky since the CEO won't say the Discovery deal will either be a Split off or Spin off for their stock.

I took funds and purchased this last drop when the CEO appearance on TV made it drop $2+ in one day. The returns were better than expected so I figured it pick up & it did. So I made back what the drop lost me the first time.

Going to keep some funds in case the market tanks, but will invest a portion of add to my 3M & buy into KMB (when it drops to $130).

I'm not seeing any problems with a war with China or Russia. Brandon's new Trans Army can handle anything that comes our way.
1643662921922.png

I agree about exiting the market too soon & loosing out on the a bit of continued growth. Yet I come to think about the 2008 crash & think about how farther my investments could be now if I had the foresight to pull out before the drop & use the funds to buy back when the prices had tanked.

For the small gains that could possibly be lost over the large gains that can be had, it could be worth deciding which of your stock holdings would be better off to reap what has grown now before it's too late.

I don't plan to pull out entirely, but there are some sectors that could be hit hard if something were to happen.
Everyone is a brilliant investor with historical data. It’s the timing that’s tough.

I read something about a hypothetical portfolio that pulled money out during the corrections. Even during the corrections there were some of the biggest up days the market ever had. Just missing like those 12 days (despite the fact they missed all the corrections/etc) meant that portfolio was like 40% lower than the one that just kept on keeping on and never pulled out.

Back
Top Bottom