• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How effective are artificial scrapes?

View attachment 1522929 I spotted this guy yesterday and want him bad next year. I'm going to start a supplemental food and nutrition program for him so he's still healthy next year. All of that will disappear completely 10 days before the bow season opens.

I'm thinking about setting up an artificial scrape to keep him coming to the area, but have never used them seriously before and have doubts about their real effect.

What have been your experiences with them?
That thing looks like it's in velvet. That was taken yesterday? :shocked:
Yes, they will visit artificial scrapes.

I’ve had varying results with mock scrapes...seen bucks walk right past them and have had them come in on a line. I put them out sometimes just to give myself a few more seconds if the buck decides to stop and investigate.

For holding big bucks though...have food, cover and low pressure and chances are he might stay around.

View attachment 1522929 I spotted this guy yesterday and want him bad next year. I'm going to start a supplemental food and nutrition program for him so he's still healthy next year. All of that will disappear completely 10 days before the bow season opens.

I'm thinking about setting up an artificial scrape to keep him coming to the area, but have never used them seriously before and have doubts about their real effect.

What have been your experiences with them?
Tell me where he is and I will help you.lol

Looks like the one he has a pic of is not starving at all.
True, but it takes a lot out of a deer to grow a rack that big and I'm hoping it will be even bigger next year with supplemental feeding and minerals. As big as he is I suspect this is his prime year and next year he may start declining.

Back
Top Bottom