• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How far do you Load up your AR Mags?

28 to 29 rounds. Know your weapon and mags. 8 years in the corps and 4 tours.

1st off, thank you for serving, my family thanks you too. I don’t currently own an AR but when I did I kept 28 rds in mine, did that on advice from a Marine who fought in Iraq & Afghanistan. I would also rotate the mags once a month, 6 loaded & ready at ALL times.

Eta; it takes some of the pressure off the mag springs, springs last longer and I never had any type of malfunction.

Can’t remember who said it (Lamb, Vickers or other) but there was a video of them saying that two of the ways to increase reliability were to always verify that there’s lube on the bolt and load your mags to only 28 rounds.

I keep mine loaded to 30 though because ocd.

Can’t remember who said it (Lamb, Vickers or other) but there was a video of them saying that two of the ways to increase reliability were to always verify that there’s lube on the bolt and load your mags to only 28 rounds.

I keep mine loaded to 30 though because ocd.

Vickers 50% Rules:

I did 3 deployments and always topped off mags as well as all my soldiers. Army infantry. Never had any issues. Ever

I take it you weren't carrying M&P15 sports?

I stuff mine full unless they simply do not seat in the magwell..I have seen guns that do this, and it is frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom