• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How in the HAIL is a new Jeep worth $80,000.00??

I think the high cost of new cars/trucks is what's pushing up the value on older vehicles too.

The prices being posted for rust buckets that need work is laughable at best. Seems some don't realize the cost of repairs on older vehicles that become a constant ordeal when dealing with someone else's problem, usually the reason it was sold to begin with.

My wife has been wanting a 4 door Jeep, so I traded a nice 4 wheeler for a nice 2008 4 door Jeep Patriot and gave it to her for her Christmas gift! And she absolutely loves it, so I'm done on my end! :peace:

Done the deal right here on the good ole' ODT too!!

Ha. Look at these. One of the few passenger vehicles with good features for large families and Nissan is stopping production after this model year... these are 2017 and 2018 used models (topped out of low to mid-$40K NEW). Now commanding near $60K USED. Some upgraded models (lifted, 4x4 conversions, wheel/tire packages, etc.) are selling for WAY north of that. Saw one advertised for over $100K recently when they were $70K NEW before the announcement.
Those are nice vans. When I was at the Brunswick Port one of the companies I worked for used them for taking drivers all over the port. Lots of space and plenty of head room.

I went to a dealership last week for some airbag-recall work. They had 3 trucks and 21 cars on their lot. I honestly thought they were closing. Supply and demand.
Thats because there is a worldwide chip shortage for trucks. Nothing built by ford in the F series is going out. They have built them but stored them until chips come in. :shocked:

Jeeps, to some, are like Glocks, to some... :hat:
Jeeps are where Harleys were in the late 90s. But to ME if you're talking Wranglers or older CJs they're 3rd car or maybe weekend cars at best. Not really a good pic for a daily driver.
If I could pick any real utility vehicle to keep from now on I would probably go with the FJ Cruiser that for some stupid reason Toyota quit making a while back.

It appears to me that Jeeps, “Wrangler, Rubicon, etc” depreciate far less than just about any other mainstream vehicle. You’ll get ripped by a stealership but, personal sales always seem to be up there.

Back
Top Bottom