• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How in the HAIL is a new Jeep worth $80,000.00??

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
502   0
Reaction score
I've been out (way out) of the new car market for a long time. Drove a friends 4 door Jeep today and figure I'd take look. I mean it still sorta felt a little like one of my old Cj's with the stamped metal body, cramped seating and cheap carpet. BUT DAMN! Who the heck would drop $80k on one of these things??? Do they really sell these for that price?

upload_2021-5-9_0-9-20.png

It's not... In fact, it's not worth half that intrinsically. But low interest rates and new car addictions does mean they will sell.

Even at ZERO percent interest (which they had on a few) that still adds up to $80k for me. No wonder people are bitching about living wages and student debt. if this makes sense at $80k then I guess a liberal art degree student loan sounded like a winner also. But you are right, I don't see how I would consider one at $40k.

I have family that retired from Chrysler. Still get the "deal". Its 6% under invoice with no destination charge.

Bought my last three Wranglers and my 3500 Dually using it...

Thinking you may have found one with the special dealer upfit fee. Seen several trucks recently with this 20k over MSRP fee. I could be wrong though, I'm not a Jeep guy. Just sharing my recent observations.

Back
Top Bottom