• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How in the hell do you guys get the “smilies”?

According to my training and my ammo count at home, I have now put over 5,000 rounds through my issues Glock 22, but there is no smiley on the barrel! WTH?? Y’all puttin’ 50,000 rounds through the damned things?!?! Lol

Well,,, you see,,, you aren't shooting the correct ammo to make your barrel smile. Try some Black Talons. lol

^ sarcasm

I can't figure why anyone cares. It's a Glock, not a work of art. They cost $160 to make (per the lawsuit discovery), and are readily available for $500 at stores, or $800 on here.

They're a commodity. A reliable, affordable commodity. Enjoy it. Even if the new wears off.

Well,,, you see,,, you aren't shooting the correct ammo to make your barrel smile. Try some Black Talons. lol

Black Talons... they weren't super hot or anything. Though they DID expand, when none of the other 9mm offerings would do so reliably (mid 90s). As someone on Usenet pointed out at the time, if they'd have just colored 'em yellow and called 'em "Winchester Safety Blossoms" they'd still be cranking 'em out today, with nary a peep from the gun grabbers.

But now they're collector's items.

Black Talons... they weren't super hot or anything. Though they DID expand, when none of the other 9mm offerings would do so reliably (mid 90s). As someone on Usenet pointed out at the time, if they'd have just colored 'em yellow and called 'em "Winchester Safety Blossoms" they'd still be cranking 'em out today, with nary a peep from the gun grabbers.

But now they're collector's items.

I know brother. I was being sarcastic. I could have said RIP Ammo, lol

I can't figure why anyone cares. It's a Glock, not a work of art. They cost $160 to make (per the lawsuit discovery), and are readily available for $500 at stores, or $800 on here.

They're a commodity. A reliable, affordable commodity. Enjoy it. Even if the new wears off.

A Glock cost $160 to produce!! REALLY!!!

Back
Top Bottom