• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Speaking of not getting attached, what is the going rate these days for a S/42 K98k RC? I haven't seen one come up for sale in a while. All I see these days are $300 Mosin 91/30's. That's crazy - they're not even Finns, M38s, or other interesting variants.

Speaking of not getting attached, what is the going rate these days for a S/42 K98k RC? I haven't seen one come up for sale in a while. All I see these days are $300 Mosin 91/30's. That's crazy - they're not even Finns, M38s, or other interesting variants.

I try to find out what people are actually paying vs what people are asking......,Research on that auction site shows them selling for between 375 and 525 over the last six months. There are multiple listings that are asking much higher prices but no one is bidding on them.

If i sold one of mine locally i'd ask 550 for it....knowing that someone would offer me 500

I try to find out what people are actually paying vs what people are asking......,Research on that auction site shows them selling for between 375 and 525 over the last six months. There are multiple listings that are asking much higher prices but no one is bidding on them.

If i sold one of mine locally i'd ask 550 for it....knowing that someone would offer me 500
Thanks. This is pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking. Trying to scrounge up funds for other stuff and the whole discussion about selling stuff I'm not really attached to got me thinking about how I can thin the herd. I also have a non-RC 1941 Erma Werke, but I'm really attached and proud of that rifle for some reason.

So when will the demand for WW I & WW II guns fall off ? As has been mentioned, the next generation may not care. Maybe I should unload those few I have and invest in bitcoins or technobaubles or whatever the latest speculative vapor currency is.

So when will the demand for WW I & WW II guns fall off ? As has been mentioned, the next generation may not care. Maybe I should unload those few I have and invest in bitcoins or technobaubles or whatever the latest speculative vapor currency is.

Hard to redict. My grandfather thought that my generation would be the one who didn't care for the classics.

I think there is a gap between perceived demand and actual demand. I see 91/30's listed for crazy prices on here, but are they actually moving? I see Classic and J&G listing stuff at crazy prices, but are those actually selling at those prices? Even if they are, I don't think these examples are representative of the actual market.

Games like this one could re-invigorate the interest in WWI arms. I personally don't think making a game of the horror that was WWI is a great idea, but if it makes people take an interest in the end of the Golden Age and the rise of nationalism and industrialized slaughter, then I think it might be a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom