• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Oh one more thing...seen a lot of comparisons to the good ol' days....and they are upon us again in the Garand world. If you have never owned a Garand they are a steal at $650 for a field grade.

Oh one more thing...seen a lot of comparisons to the good ol' days....and they are upon us again in the Garand world. If you have never owned a Garand they are a steal at $650 for a field grade.

Or get off your butt and hand pick one but pay a 10% premium (sales tax for in store purchases)

At least then you can get GI wood if available, low ME/TE and if you bring it to the counter maybe not as much a mix master and maybe matching parts.

Mail order leaves a lot of variables. Like buying a lottery ticket, winners and losers.

Hint always bring muzzle and throat gauges 90% of the time they grade the next higher reading so the wear is less than the tag says but occasionally I have seen some tagged a 3 that swallow the gauge.

Didn't someone recently report the Anniston store had a pretty slim selection?

Although afterwards you could swing by the Powersports Store and ask for Bree and say hey from ODT...

snagged me a pocket pistol for concealed carry.
Left (2).jpg

Would a Sept 1941 Garand be considered Post WWII since it is before the US entered the war. The CMP mail order is luck of the draw, but sometimes you get a good deal. I got this one with a new CMP stock and finshed by the CMP with a 6/52 HRA barrel ticketed 1,2.

barrel ticketed 1,2.
P1020044.JPG

According to the rule taught me many years ago... Any Jap Arisaka that was brought back with a mum NOT defaced was considered a true bring-back and war trophy... If the mum had been defaced or partially or totally ground off... That meant that the weapon was brought home after the surrender... on 02 September 1945... anything that had Hirohito's "symbol or crest" was to be wiped off So he would save "face"... as the powers that be left him in position as Emperor of Japan...
He should have been hung like all the other war criminals...

Back
Top Bottom