• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Put in new flooring, hot water heater blew up, internet went out, no tv, sicker than a dog, and cut off a piece of my finger.

So yeah.

It's buyer beware. Have gotten a few deals off Gunbroker but just got a rewelded Saginaw S'G' Carbine.

Posting stated: Manufactured in 1943 by Saginaw S'G' for the US government. Minimal wear of parkerizing in action area, fully intact on the rest of the gun. Firearm functions well and has been inspected and tested by a qualified gunsmith.

I'll let you be the judge. Luckily he had a 5 day inspection and return policy so I'm just out shipping.

Other issues were unmarked barrel probably civilian replacement and no markings at all on Trigger housing group and bolt. Looks like someone too a Universal or Plainfield and put a reweld receiver on it.

Will definitely take any Garands or Carbines I buy at Gun shows out of the stock ASAP.

Saginaw S'G' Carbine reweld (13).JPG
Saginaw S'G' Carbine reweld (12).JPG
Saginaw S'G' Carbine reweld (11).JPG
Saginaw S'G' Carbine reweld (4).JPG
Saginaw S'G' Carbine reweld (8).JPG

It's buyer beware. Have gotten a few deals off Gunbroker but just got a rewelded Saginaw S'G' Carbine.

Posting stated: Manufactured in 1943 by Saginaw S'G' for the US government. Minimal wear of parkerizing in action area, fully intact on the rest of the gun. Firearm functions well and has been inspected and tested by a qualified gunsmith.

I'll let you be the judge. Luckily he had a 5 day inspection and return policy so I'm just out shipping.

Other issues were unmarked barrel probably civilian replacement and no markings at all on Trigger housing group and bolt. Looks like someone too a Universal or Plainfield and put a reweld receiver on it.

Will definitely take any Garands or Carbines I buy at Gun shows out of the stock ASAP.

View attachment 1767184 View attachment 1767185 View attachment 1767186 View attachment 1767190 View attachment 1767192

:shocked:

View attachment 1767184 View attachment 1767185 View attachment 1767186 View attachment 1767190 View attachment 1767192
Looks like Stevie Wonder welded it.

:wacko:
That is a horrible weld job. :puke:

Back
Top Bottom