• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Alright - so a question for all you guys who are way smarter than me - looking at going to an auction, and I see these two pictures in their lot listing (no other info available).

What on earth is this? It looks like it is some variant of the Mauser 98 - but I can't figure out WHICH exactly.

Gun 1.JPG
Gun 2.JPG

Rear sight does not look like all of the Gewehr 98 rear sights I have seen, and the handguard extending so far back behind the rear sight also looks different. I am by no means a Mauserphile, but do you guys mind helping a fellow out?

Alright - so a question for all you guys who are way smarter than me - looking at going to an auction, and I see these two pictures in their lot listing (no other info available).

What on earth is this? It looks like it is some variant of the Mauser 98 - but I can't figure out WHICH exactly.

View attachment 1791782 View attachment 1791783

Rear sight does not look like all of the Gewehr 98 rear sights I have seen, and the handguard extending so far back behind the rear sight also looks different. I am by no means a Mauserphile, but do you guys mind helping a fellow out?

Could be a GEW 98 with transitional sights. I prefer the roller coaster sights.

What on earth is this? It looks like it is some variant of the Mauser 98 - but I can't figure out WHICH exactly.From what I can see here, looks like an M1909 Argentine Mauser.

View attachment 1791782 View attachment 1791783

Back
Top Bottom