• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Anyone have any experience with these?

It’s fun to shoot, though I’m sure I’d like it even more if I stamped it and unlocked the stock.
Only real complaint or issue I have is it seems to jam at least once maybe twice per mag. Round just doesn’t feed right and gets caught up or ejects poorly and falls into the open space jamming things up until cleared.

I recently received a parts kit as well but looks like it’s a poor quality one meaning things like the barrel shroud are just the end of it vs the entire piece. So not sure I’ll ever send it out to get built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s fun to shoot, though I’m sure I’d like it even more if I stamped it and unlocked the stock.
Only real complaint or issue I have is it seems to jam at least once maybe twice per mag. Round just doesn’t feed right and gets caught up or ejects poorly and falls into the open space jamming things up until cleared.

I recently received a parts kit as well but looks like it’s a poor quality one meaning things like the barrel shroud are just the end of it vs the entire piece. So not sure I’ll ever send it out to get built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good feedback. Are you referring to a 9mm conversion? Yea I’d love to SBR one. Just ain’t right welding that stock folded.

If anyone is interested... Howard’s pawn in Macon just acquired a private collection they are liquidating. The collection was around 1000 firearms. Howard said he had to write the largest check of his life to purchase them from the widow. He said his second largest check of 77K was child’s play compared to this.

Anyway... from what I’ve seen coming out there are some nice stuff there. Polytechs, several garands, several PU snipers, mausers, Russian sks’s, 1903s, enfields, hipoints... the list goes on. He is listing a lot on his gunbroker sight as penny auctions. He did say he would be putting some on the rack tho that they feel comfortable assigning a price to. Keep an eye out. I’m hoping to get a 1903 from him so I’m calling dibs!

Back
Top Bottom