• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Anyone seen this metal sleeve tightened on a mosin front sight? It lowered point of aim and I never noticed it till now. It’s a Hungarian m44
39C2973E-99C3-4BA9-88FD-A2E6431F244B.jpeg

A normal sight post on another m44
552CCC0A-0297-4E6C-B4FE-7710F90FCFC6.jpeg

Anyone seen this metal sleeve tightened on a mosin front sight? It lowered point of aim and I never noticed it till now. It’s a Hungarian m44
View attachment 1974156
View attachment 1974157

It's a common "Bubba fix" for high impact on the lowest rear sight settings. I keep a baggie of the things in my gear to tap onto the post. Now you can buy a 'high' post front sight assembly online to replace the low post if you like.

View attachment 1974156
View attachment 1974157

I’ve done that on my shooters, works great. I’ve also sleeved them with that red plastic tube from a q-tip as a temp fix to lower the point of aim. Did you get that from me?

I’ve done that on my shooters, works great. I’ve also sleeved them with that red plastic tube from a q-tip as a temp fix to lower the point of aim. Did you get that from me?
I always thought you simply collected and looked at yours once a year, probably did come from you

Do they still sell the bubba type fix, it doesn’t change it permanently making it a viable option

Back
Top Bottom