• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

I kind of sort of wished that I got into 6.5 Swede, but I have been priced out at this point in the game. I couldn't get back into milsurps if I was just starting out.
Yeah me either I have a pretty awesome collection for a 30 year old. If I had to sell my collection off I wouldnt even bother trying to start over.

Same here

I'm pretty sure you are not 30 years old:boink:

Isnt crazy the prices of milsurp now? I really search hi and low for deals other wise I just dont buy. I think that's why I have got into milsurp that requires me to make my own brass and projectiles or convert from rim to center fire. They tend to not bring as much but have an awesome cool factor plus shooting self contained cartridge guns from the mid 1800's is just cool.

I'm pretty sure you are not 30 years old:boink:

Isnt crazy the prices of milsurp now? I really search hi and low for deals other wise I just dont buy. I think that's why I have got into milsurp that requires me to make my own brass and projectiles or convert from rim to center fire. They tend to not bring as much but have an awesome cool factor plus shooting self contained cartridge guns from the mid 1800's is just cool.

I love the hunt but good ones are getting hard to find. Wouldn’t be able to build my herd again at today’s prices.

PS...not sure I remember ‘30’ but I’m told it was awesome :thumb:

Yeah me either I have a pretty awesome collection for a 30 year old. If I had to sell my collection off I wouldnt even bother trying to start over.
Milsurps were the guns I bought because I was too poor for ARs. I also lived in a ban state when I started to get real serious about collecting, so it was the perfect storm. I remember going into one of the local hinting and fishing stores and there being a half dozen K31's on the rack for $300 each.

Milsurps were the guns I bought because I was too poor for ARs. I also lived in a ban state when I started to get real serious about collecting, so it was the perfect storm. I remember going into one of the local hinting and fishing stores and there being a half dozen K31's on the rack for $300 each.

Tucker Gun sold a truck load of Enfield No4 Mk1s for $49 after Christmas one year back in the 90s when I was in high school. My buddy bought the prettiest one they had but it didn't have any rifling. I bought the ugliest one they had because its rifling was pretty good. I remember that thing was covered in cosmoline. I showed it to the dad of a girl I was dating at the time and he said that when he was in Army they would get in the shower with their weapons to get the cosmoline off. I'm pretty sure he was f'ing with me. I eventually got rid of both the rifle and the girl and never looked back but kind of wish I had that 303 back.

Cooking up some 30/40 Krag
94374621-3644-4F16-BB4C-EA6362DE218C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom