• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How Long Did Your CWL Take To Get?

Original and renewals took about 2 weeks on Cobb.

If I remember correctly, they have to be issued or denied within 30 days no matter where you live, although some counties like Fulton and Dekalb are notorious for stretching past that (GA Carry has sued them both a few times I believe).

While you are waiting... please read this.

https://www.amazon.com/Law-Self-Def.../ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

There are many good books on self defense, and many good teachers. But before you carry a gun you need to understand when you can use it and when you can't. The responsibility that goes with carrying a gun is huge, both morally and legally.

The book above is the best I have ever found for explaining self defense law in clear, concise terms. It also has a section on the unique laws in each state, although I would look for a resource like the GA Gun Laws booklet you will find here ( GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet ) and at a lot of ranges and stores.

Thanks for the plug for my book, Spence.

Bushhy, I was a Gwinnett resident the last time I renewed my GWL. It took about a month for them to mail it back to me. Of course you're getting full fingerprints done as part of your background check, so that may or may not take longer. It should not... in this day and age of digital-image prints sent and analyzed by computer.

As for fast turnaround times, I've heard of some little counties up in north Georgia issuing GWL's the same day. Apply in the morning, pick it up that afternoon!

Back
Top Bottom