• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How Long Did Your CWL Take To Get?

Mine in fulton county took about 90 days. My sister in henry co was 1 week.

Unless there was a problem on your background check or a mistake on some line in your application, there's no way it should have taken 90 days. If it did, some nincompoops in the Probate Judge's office were not doing their jobs correctly. The law has relatively short deadlines for government officials to follow at each step in the processing of your application, and they add up to a total of about 45 days, if each step takes the maximum allowed time.

Unless there was a problem on your background check or a mistake on some line in your application, there's no way it should have taken 90 days. If it did, some nincompoops in the Probate Judge's office were not doing their jobs correctly. The law has relatively short deadlines for government officials to follow at each step in the processing of your application, and they add up to a total of about 45 days, if each step takes the maximum allowed time.

My background is spotless, I think it was Fulton County being Fulton County. If I remember right, I had to call and see what the hold up was.

I am turning 21 next saturday, and will be applying for my CWL. I am getting a Glock 19 tomorrow, and that will be my EDC once I get my CWL.

How long did it take for the application to get processed? I have been told anywhere from a week to 2 months :(

You can apply before your birthday. Just like you can register to vote before your 18th birthday.

Back
Top Bottom