• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HOW LONG DO YOU RUN TIRES ON A VEHICLE?

I run on them for about 60-70k miles or Lincoln's head on a penny. I'm bad about not rotating them when I change my oil. I need to get my alignment checked too since I just on new Firestone Destinations all around.

I run on them for about 60-70k miles or Lincoln's head on a penny. I'm bad about not rotating them when I change my oil. I need to get my alignment checked too since I just on new Firestone Destinations all around.

Firestones on an Explorer?? Didn't Ford escape the rollover charges by blaming Firestone tires?

Tires now days get checked (cracked) after 4-7 years. Rubber now days is crap. For a local runner, Ive gone 12 years but they were garaged. At that point, the vulcanized adhesive that adheres the belts can let go at any time. So go slow. If they’re low on air, thats when you will start weighing the cost of new tires. Ive aired up old, checked tires and Ive had some blow up.

Absolutely no indication of that.

I made a small trailer from an axle,springs,wheels I bought from Northern in about 1970 and used that trailer for 35 years, 55 psi tires, can't remember if they were 8 inch or 12 inch, but they held air for 45 years!!

You have some awesome luck my friend. I bought a set of Tokyo tires and lasted maybe 6 years, they had great tread but started dry rotting.

I replace mine in my commuter every year on Black Friday but I put a bunch of miles on those.

my trucks I generally trade them in or sell them before I need tires. My 2016 F150 still has its factory tires on it.

my sportbikes get new tires 2 to 3 times a year.

I would never run tires older than 10 years old though.

I doubt that was the Destination passenger tire.

I have bought two sets of these for my truck and have been pleased.

I'd say if they look good - no cracks as mentioned - then you can continue to use them for local trips. Keep checking them every month or so. But I wouldn't start out on a long cross country trip through the southwest in the Summer on them! Once they get to the wear bars I replace them - no matter the age.

I have a set of Dayton Daytonas (made by Bridgestone) on my old truck from May 2006. I have thought for a few years they need to be replaced due to age - not mileage. They look fine and I just drive it on local trips at lower speeds - so I have kept them on. I keep an eye on them and check the psi regularly.

Back
Top Bottom