• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How long should you wait on someone?

I would say that if you didn't exchange phone numbers, then you are just as guilty.

I really don't know how folks get unjustified FB, unless they don't have the Mods investigate.
I had several PMs with a member. We decided that we would meet at exit ##, Sat. AM and I would call him before I left for the meet, since I was doing most of the driving.
I tried to call him several times, starting at about 7:30 am, with no answer. I sent another PM, with no reply, but I noticed that he had marked his thread SPM.

I asked a Mod to check into it before I left Neg FB. The Mod said that since nobody drove anywhere and a specific time and place wasn't documented, that a Neg wouldn't stand.
I'm not one to leave negative feedback unless someone really just screws me over. The unjust feedback I got was back in 2010 I beleive. We never agreed on a time place address or anything. I just backed out of a deal because I decided I didn't want it. But it was before we agreed on anything. Even a price. It pissed the guy off and he gave me - feedback. I pmd Steve about it. No responce. I pmd a mod several times to take a look at it with no responce. So I just left it at that. At the time I wasn't on here every day or every week and had more important things to worry about than some negative feed back. So I got stuck with it.

I'm not one to leave negative feedback unless someone really just screws me over. The unjust feedback I got was back in 2010 I beleive. We never agreed on a time place address or anything. I just backed out of a deal because I decided I didn't want it. But it was before we agreed on anything. Even a price. It pissed the guy off and he gave me - feedback. I pmd Steve about it. No responce. I pmd a mod several times to take a look at it with no responce. So I just left it at that. At the time I wasn't on here every day or every week and had more important things to worry about than some negative feed back. So I got stuck with it.

I should have given that guy a NEG and let him try and get out of it.

The Private Help Forum would be the place to have filed your grievances, but I think there is a 30 expiration on objection to Neg FB.

I deal with folks that may have a Neg or two. I usually look at the FB and who left it. Sometimes the one that left it has no credibility at all. lol

We didn't exchange phone numbers. Probably should have but I felt like our pms were to the point on when where and what time. Not gonna leave neg feedback. Gonna give him a few days to contact me and see what went wrong. Just wanted to cover my butt so I didn't get negative feedback for leaving. I already have one unjustified negative feedback. Don't want another one
I have to agree with your not jumping the gun on negging the other guy. But if you haven't heard from him within a max of 48 hours I would certainly neg him then.

If, I meeting someone. I always give and get there cell number in case of unforeseen emergencies. I had this happen yesterday to me, I'm getting a passed down family revolver serviceable again, and the Gunsmith had a family issues to deal with so he texted me and we did our transaction a hour later!

Glad I haven't had to deal with this yet, all my deals have been PM, phone, right time, Place, and product. And about 3 mail deals simultaneously shipping. So far so good!

Back
Top Bottom