• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How long should you wait on someone?

I always leave my Phone # and description of my vehicle in the last PM before a meeting.
AND
I never leave the house for a deal without the other persons Phone #.
This^^^ Because you could be sitting in the same crowded parking lot and not know that they are the people you are meeting up with. I had that happen a couple of times. Didn't know till I called the guy.

The guy wrote me and said he had a family pet pass away and that he had a lot going on and simply forgot. Offered to meet again next weekend and apologized to me and wanted to make it right. He offered to take $ off of the sale price and meet closer to me and said this has never happened before. Seems to be a straight up good guy. As I could tell already by his feedback. I told him no problem brother. Sorry about your lost pet. Next weekend is cool with me. I'm still gonna meet him half way and I'm still gonna pay original asking price.:thumb: But you can bet I will have his phone # before I leave the house..lol

The guy wrote me and said he had a family pet pass away and that he had a lot going on and simply forgot. Offered to meet again next weekend and apologized to me and wanted to make it right. He offered to take $ off of the sale price and meet closer to me and said this has never happened before. Seems to be a straight up good guy. As I could tell already by his feedback. I told him no problem brother. Sorry about your lost pet. Next weekend is cool with me. I'm still gonna meet him half way and I'm still gonna pay original asking price.:thumb: But you can bet I will have his phone # before I leave the house..lol
I bet it works out fine

This^^^ Because you could be sitting in the same crowded parking lot and not know that they are the people you are meeting up with. I had that happen a couple of times. Didn't know till I called the guy.
yep, guy says I will be in a white chevy. every white chevy made drives in the parking lot at that time.

It take a lot to leave a negative
Text don't count.
You have to have detail pm.
I had texted with meet and plenty to show a neg. I got a warning not to ad neg without follow up.
So if there is a neg with 95% positive I would require the person to do the travel.

I've waited up to around 45 minutes, but that's with the other guy letting me know he's stuck in traffic. Most problems can be solved with good communication. I've yet to have someone leave me hanging after setting up price, time, and place to meet.

I've waited up to around 45 minutes, but that's with the other guy letting me know he's stuck in traffic. Most problems can be solved with good communication. I've yet to have someone leave me hanging after setting up price, time, and place to meet.

And the phone call, just before either party leaves for the meeting.

Back
Top Bottom