• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How low will they go??? ($399 AR)

I like the Aimpoints with Larue QD mounts although I never detach them, LOL I never shoot this more then 50-100 yards. (Anything more I shot my bolt gun)

LaRue mounts were at the top of my list. Some guys here advised me not to go with them, and some guys swore by them. I'm sure they work great if you never detach them. LOL...

I may go with a bolt gun instead. After looking and researching for over 2 years I am still undecided.

Never mind. I just did a search and looked for around 10 seconds...LOL...I won't be spending that much.

Lewis Machine and Tool has my undivided attention at the $3k price range.

Honestly man, I have no clue what they cost today...... I bought it before Noveske was cool.

Reactions: MRH
LaRue mounts were at the top of my list. Some guys here advised me not to go with them, and some guys swore by them. I'm sure they work great if you never detach them. LOL...

I may go with a bolt gun instead. After looking and researching for over 2 years I am still undecided.

LOL.... I have never had a problem but mtdawg169 mtdawg169 is extremely knowledgeable in the AR stuff.

I have a GAP Crusader, great rifle.

Reactions: MRH

Screw Larue. Because: reasons.

But to be more specific, Larue mounts are now 10+ year old technology. They will wear a mark into the receiver over time and essentially need to be adjusted to compensate. And the return to zero is not as good as the competitors, I don't care what they claim.

Today, you're better served with mounts by American Defense, Bobro or even the bolt on mounts from Geissele. These mounts have better rtz and spread the clamping force over a larger area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think we're gonna see a lot of smaller businesses closing up across the board. AR builders, suppressor companies, smaller gun shops, even smaller reload companies. We're just in such a high supply that anyone not in a stable place is going to get hurt hard in the upcoming months.
It might be that the smaller guys are able to hang on better than some big guys (assuming that they are lean and have a much lower overhead).

www.dpmsinc.com , Have you checked out the DPMS II ? $925+ @ www.grabagun.com

Didn't DPMS (in one particular model) reduce the diameter of their bolt, then lengthen it and try to match the bolt to the chamber for better tolerance/accuracy?

I handled a nice example at Gander Mountain's parking lot manufacturers show a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure it was DPMS.

Felt really good and was more .223/5.56 size. It was suppose to be tuned for accuracy too. They had several other models-carbines to pick from but those were not bolt and chamber matched up.

Back
Top Bottom