• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many a-holes will be dumping braces and braced guns on here over the next week?

Jesus what's funny is while the majority you simple minded folk have no idea that there is now way they can do all the processing for sbrs. With current ATF time frames it'd take over 40 years all they're doing is creating a full blown registry....be a man like your ancestors intended.
I think everyone understands that there's no way they can actually implement this the way they say.

You can be pretty sure that the end goal here isn't to clog up the ATF processing pipeline, although if it does stick you can bet they will be going to Congress asking for a whole lot of new budget.

They are counting on the fact that most people will simply take the brace off and throw it in the dumpster. That's what they want and that's what they will get from 99.999% of the people with braced guns.

And honestly, who can blame them? Is a $200 brace worth the possibility of 10 years in jail and a $250,000 fine? Even getting charged can empty out your retirement account or lose you your house.

I doubt there's any law abiding person that would take that risk. It's not a hill most people are willing to die on, no matter what they say online.

And this is hardly a full blown 'registry'. At best they will have info on the people that go the Form 1 route, but that's been true since 1936, so it's hardly breaking news.

There's about 10,000 things wrong with the rule and the way it's being handled, but I really ain't that worried about either of those two things.

Compliance in NY for the safe act was pretty low, think it was under 10%, believe they thought there were 1 million evil assault rifles there and less than 50k were registered, Wonder if that much has changed with the gun owning community

Compliance in NY for the safe act was pretty low, think it was under 10%, believe they thought there were 1 million evil assault rifles there and less than 50k were registered, Wonder if that much has changed with the gun owning community
I think your being generous with you percentages… I have family that live in Upstate NYS, and was born there, and no one ditched their hicap stuff…. Let alone registered ****….

I know we are all cynical about how much our elected leaders will actually do here BUT between Andrew Clyde and Matt Gaetz there appears to be push back against the ATF. Clyde has started these actions;

"Next week, I will reintroduce the Stop Harassing Owners of Rifles Today (SHORT) Act to safeguard the Second Amendment and prevent Americans from being subjected to the Biden Administration’s unconstitutional tactics. In the face of President Biden’s latest attempt to advance backdoor gun control, the SHORT Act provides a permanent solution to combat the unlawful Pistol Brace Rule. My legislation will repeal elements of the NFA, thereby prohibiting the ATF from banning and registering pistols with stabilizing braces.

Additionally, when the ATF’s new rule is officially published to the Federal Register, I will introduce a resolution of disapproval under the Congressional Review Act to override the Biden Administration’s unlawful overreach. If Congressional Democrats block this measure or if the President refuses to sign it, then Congress must defund the ATF. We simply cannot allow weaponized alphabet agencies to further infringe on our freedoms — the very freedoms I fought for and swore an oath to protect."

Perhaps the ATF has created there own s___storm. What they have done is unconstitutional. We shall see.

I know we are all cynical about how much our elected leaders will actually do here BUT between Andrew Clyde and Matt Gaetz there appears to be push back against the ATF. Clyde has started these actions;

"Next week, I will reintroduce the Stop Harassing Owners of Rifles Today (SHORT) Act to safeguard the Second Amendment and prevent Americans from being subjected to the Biden Administration’s unconstitutional tactics. In the face of President Biden’s latest attempt to advance backdoor gun control, the SHORT Act provides a permanent solution to combat the unlawful Pistol Brace Rule. My legislation will repeal elements of the NFA, thereby prohibiting the ATF from banning and registering pistols with stabilizing braces.

Additionally, when the ATF’s new rule is officially published to the Federal Register, I will introduce a resolution of disapproval under the Congressional Review Act to override the Biden Administration’s unlawful overreach. If Congressional Democrats block this measure or if the President refuses to sign it, then Congress must defund the ATF. We simply cannot allow weaponized alphabet agencies to further infringe on our freedoms — the very freedoms I fought for and swore an oath to protect."

Perhaps the ATF has created there own s___storm. What they have done is unconstitutional. We shall see.
Sounds great but it won’t pass, just like getting rid of the 87k new IRS agents not going to happen. I’m glad they are trying but they don’t have support in the senate and Biden is not going to sign off on it

So on the 922(r) front the ATF 'clarified' that imported braced pistols can still use the 'free' Form 1 route since they were legal at the time of importation since they weren't semi-automatic 'rifles'.

From the updated FAQ:

Accordingly, a person with an imported pistol that was subsequently equipped with a “stabilizing brace” will have the same options as anyone else under the final rule. Should that person choose to register the firearm, no further modification of the firearm with domestic parts is required.

This still goes against their logic of 'these have always been SBRs' though, and shows how shoddy the whole thought process (or lack of) behind this new rule.

Back
Top Bottom