• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many hours?

I grew up in a world without air conditioning, but that was up north where low 90s was the highest you could normally expect in the summer. High 80's was an average sunny summer afternoon temp.

Here, the temperature is at least 10° hotter.

(Both places have relatively high humidity). So yeah I can see how we've all gotten to be dependent on air conditioning in the deep South.

In fact, I think the #1 factor in making the South such a booming place, drawing so many people to it from other parts of the country, and having so many other kinds of businesses opening here rather than just related to agriculture....

... is due to the widespread use of commercial and residential air-conditioning.

I grew up in a world without air conditioning, but that was up north where low 90s was the highest you could normally expect in the summer. High 80's was an average sunny summer afternoon temp.

Here, the temperature is at least 10° hotter.

(Both places have relatively high humidity). So yeah I can see how we've all gotten to be dependent on air conditioning in the deep South.

In fact, I think the #1 factor in making the South such a booming place, drawing so many people to it from other parts of the country, and having so many other kinds of businesses opening here rather than just related to agriculture....

... is due to the widespread use of commercial and residential air-conditioning.
Yep, you're dead on....

Need moar coffee I guess...

Just the thought of being without a/c frightens me.
I had to deal with that last night from 5:30 to midnight. Storms up here are incredibly violent in the mountains with lightning just out of control. Last night we had or I should say yesterday afternoon we had a pretty violent Storm come through winds 40 miles an hour lightning everywhere and the power went off so I had to sit in this hot house for five and a half hours which seems like an eternity. Happens here all the time at least once every two months sometimes for 2 days at a time. I need a good generator!

Grew up in North Carolina and spent summers on the coast with the grandparents. No AC and only a B&W tv with 3 channels that you need to rotate the antenna outside depending on the weather. I think every bed had it's own box fan so we were getting dry roasted. Parents didn't put in AC until I left home!! Still needed power for the fans though.

Yes - I know I am old

Back
Top Bottom