• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many hours?

Power went out about 5 yesterday here. Within 5 mins had the backup Gen started, transferred over.

Watched TV under the ceiling fan till 11 after we cooked dinner. Shut it down at 11, power was on a little past midnight.

My mom & dad were both born and raised in S. GA.
When were in PA during my HS & College years, I can't count how many generators
that they bought then sold (rinse & repeat a few times) during the winters. Mom was
always worried about losing our food stock (she did her own canning at the time).
After coming back to GA in 2018, I told/begged them not to buy another generator due
to their age and various ailments. Offered to split the cost of a Generac backup generator.
When my grandpa had the house that they are in, he had a gas line installed (he loved his BBQ).
When the Generac was installed, we took out the old gas grill and had the gas line attached to the
new generator. No more complaints about losing power (the Generac kicks on 15-20 seconds after
the grid goes down).

Grew up in North Carolina and spent summers on the coast with the grandparents. No AC and only a B&W tv with 3 channels that you need to rotate the antenna outside depending on the weather. I think every bed had it's own box fan so we were getting dry roasted. Parents didn't put in AC until I left home!! Still needed power for the fans though.

Yes - I know I am old
BH, wow, except for the NC part, you told my story! We must be family! Happy trails and may God bless America.

Back
Top Bottom