• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many loaded mags do you keep on hand?

I was told to only load 28 rounds if I was going to store them for a long time. Don't know
if that would help, hurt or matter but I went with it.
That doesn't really matter unless your. mags have weak feed lips like some polymer models.
"Rotating" magazines is pointless too seeing how a spring looses its ability to compress with constant decompression and compression i.e. Loading and unloading magazines will wear your springs out faster as opposed to just leaving them topped off. If they're steel top em off and slam the mag in like you should, if they're not reinforced lips or weak bodied poly that likes to flex easy less rounds can mitigate that.

I've seen mags loaded from post vietnam, 20 rounders with time period ammo in them having sat loaded close to 35 years Fire fine and continue to be in use in a regular range bag to this day. Magazine is completely fine and reliable.

OP-
In my house the number is uncountable. All magazines that can be loaded are loaded and that count I do not know.

Typically on person-
A pistol with a magazine in the weapon and a single mag on my side, an SBR with a magazine in the weapon and at least 2 additional magazines in a bandolier type shoulder slinger'. A NAA mini with 5 in the cylinder and five in a side saddle on the holster.

If it's wheel gun Wednesday typically two speed loaders right pocket

Back
Top Bottom