• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many of you guys knew that CZ purchased Colt firearms company this year?

Do you think Colt weapons will be better or worse after the CZ sale?

• Total voters
I knew it was in the works before it was a fully public knowledge just from seeing some notifications about Colt stock.

I noticed Colt pistols jumping in price before the full anouncement and sold my Pythons and Detectives to a collector.

As far as quality goes I think CZ left the Colt management alone for the time being.
This is not a good thing in my opinion.

I think it will be two years before CZ gets Colt production and quality where they want it.

CZ historically, at least with their pistols, will use everything in existing inventory first. They have miss matched parts and built frankenpistols until it’s all gone, then ramp up their own or new model production. Now, I must say, a CZ frankenpistol is of the highest quality, that cannot be denied. I’m pretty sure they did that with Dan Wesson, and will repeat with Colt. I have a few of their piece part pistols that are outstanding quality of fit and finish…so even if they exhaust Colt inventory before manufacturing their own, I have no doubt assembly quality of fit and finish will improve immediately. And, in the long run, CZColt will be a desirable weapon again.

Cz makes great firearms. But if you get a turd... expect **** customer service
I had the exact opposite with CZ. I bought a new pistol that the case got damaged in shipping. One email to CZ(who was not at all at fault) and a new case was on my porch within a week…but, that’s just my experience…

Just F.Y.I.
Colt contracted CZ in 1999 to produce a new pistol for them to replace the antiquated 1911. Colt wanted it in the increasingly popular .40S&W, and had to have a 1911-ish look to it. CZ filled the order with a quality pistol that Colt named the Colt Z40, and all looked great for the future…Colt was very interested in the new electronic locking pistol concept known as the “smart gun”…Colt actually used the new Z40 in their smart gun development. It failed miserably, and tainted the public’s view of the ColtZ40, it was seen as a smart gun, and nobody would buy one…Colt then cancelled the contract with CZ after only 800 ColtZ40s were sold. They shot themselves in the foot, and **** all over CZ. CZ continued to produce the pistol, even milling off the Colt banner from existing slides, and renaming the pistol the CZ40, and CZ40B….16,000 or so produced by CZ, but it was dropped from the line up in 2001 or so….

My point in this is, CZ tried to work with Colt in the past, and likely got soured….they bought Dan Wesson in 2004/2005 and got rights to produce a better quality 1911, now they’ve bought Colt, and I certainly expect a better quality AR as well as other Colt products….FN is their AR competitor now…

CZ historically, at least with their pistols, will use everything in existing inventory first. They have miss matched parts and built frankenpistols until it’s all gone, then ramp up their own or new model production. Now, I must say, a CZ frankenpistol is of the highest quality, that cannot be denied. I’m pretty sure they did that with Dan Wesson, and will repeat with Colt. I have a few of their piece part pistols that are outstanding quality of fit and finish…so even if they exhaust Colt inventory before manufacturing their own, I have no doubt assembly quality of fit and finish will improve immediately. And, in the long run, CZColt will be a desirable weapon again.
I'll second this as all new Colt rifles have carbine marked lowers.
Even the 20" ones have a Carbine stamped lower.

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

I had the exact opposite with CZ. I bought a new pistol that the case got damaged in shipping. One email to CZ(who was not at all at fault) and a new case was on my porch within a week…but, that’s just my experience…
Im just surprised to hear they didn't send you a bill. I'd be dumping anything that said bren on it.

I agree its a good thing. Colt has been deperatly needing a quality enema for a long time. CZ has been making some of best wood and blue guns out there at their price point. It will be a long needed breath of fresh quality control air.

Back
Top Bottom