• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many remember that we're still in Afghanistan and Iraq?

We’ve actually accomplished a lot of things. Bolstered the economy to build military vehicles and supplies. Stabilize the flow of opium into the rest of the world. Built hundreds of bases which creates jobs for civilian and host country nationals. Trained thousands to fight against an attacking country. That’ll be used against us down the road but not the point. You should see the acres of caterpillar equipment and MRAPS just sitting not to mention all the other stuff needed to run a war. It’s good business, just ask the bush, Cheney, or any other war profiteering families

Good points, if you look at it like a business, which is what it is apparently, there have been many accomplishments for those in the industry of oil, dope, and war machines.

Below is an article from National Review that takes the stance the US should stay in Afghanistan indefinitely. It's an interesting read.

The United States is not going to win in Afghanistan, but that’s the wrong way to think about the problem. Maintaining a relatively small military commitment to prevent the situation from spiraling out of control — which would likely pull the U.S. back in, anyway — is a worthwhile goal at reasonable cost.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018...esence-maintain-troops-vietnam-war-different/

We’ve actually accomplished a lot of things. Bolstered the economy to build military vehicles and supplies. Stabilize the flow of opium into the rest of the world. Built hundreds of bases which creates jobs for civilian and host country nationals. Trained thousands to fight against an attacking country. That’ll be used against us down the road but not the point. You should see the acres of caterpillar equipment and MRAPS just sitting not to mention all the other stuff needed to run a war. It’s good business, just ask the bush, Cheney, or any other war profiteering families

Don't forget Lindsey Graham. He is back to his old self and war hawking Saudi Arabia now over a WP "journalist" who was not even a US citizen.

Don't forget Lindsey Graham. He is back to his old self and war hawking Saudi Arabia now over a WP "journalist" who was not even a US citizen.

I made it about 6 minutes. Lindsey Graham is not my favorite person in the world. I don't know if he believes what he says or if he's some sort of pandering genius.

We're in Afghanistan to prevent another 9/11 and Saudi Arabia is a Ally in that cause so we have to bow to them and make the biggest arms deals in human history with them, and hope nobody remembers 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudi citizens.... Do I have that right Mr Graham and Mr Trump?

We're in Afghanistan to prevent another 9/11 and Saudi Arabia is a Ally in that cause so we have to bow to them and make the biggest arms deals in human history with them, and hope nobody remembers 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudi citizens.... Do I have that right Mr Graham and Mr Trump?

Not saying this would have been the right thing to do, but. . .

I wonder if the US could have carpet bombed Saudi Arabia after 9/11 without unacceptable backlash. Saudi Arabia is the top exporter of terrorism in the world. Pakistan is probably number two. Not sure how these are our allies. Nukes or sweet crude can make up for a lot of shortcomings.

Back
Top Bottom