• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much do you talk with your neighbors?

Have 3100 gal of rain water stored up. 2 propane cylinders filled up. Fresh, frozen, canned and freeze dried food. Cars are full and extra 20 gal stored up.

Talk some to the neighbors. Once or twice a year. They are on their own. They do not know what I have, other than seeing some of my rain barrels. Putting up fence and thorn bushes this fall.

I live in the country and proud I do. I have neighbors but they are not close. I know em all but we do not visit UNLESS one of us needs the other. We just keep to ourselves, wave every now and then, speak out at the mailbox on rare occasion. They KNOW if they need me, I will be there and I know they will do the same for me. There is an older widow woman, I call to check on most every week but she is usually taking care of things around her place.
They have no idea what kind of preps I may have and I don't know nothing about theirs.

I just added another 2 barrells, to my Water supply recently from a ODT member. That makes (5) 50 gallon water drums for me my wife and son, I would not help any of my neighbors except for the old couple next to me. I have people who are always saying yeah I need to put stuff away for the future. I had one friend tell me and my wife, if something happens I'm coming to your house. My wife was like and you would get shot you like any other Looter!! Why, do people think that if you have prepared that they can borrow off you?? The guys wife spoke to me later and asked me if my wife was serious, I said off course she is serious what makes your family more important than mine?? After, this message I'm texting all my Friends about being prepared for emergencies.
I had one say the same to me. I go shooting and hunting with the husband, but they don't see the need to prepare for anything. I told them I was coming to their house. Made them wonder if my wife told them right...

My
Just got off the phone with my mother, who is in central Florida. I asked her about her water, food situation, prescriptions. Fortunately, she's pretty well stocked up, but the one negative was her whole house generator quit about a month ago. She had a new one scheduled for install today, and now the vendor is balking, saying they need a crane to remove the old unit (it's a liquid cooled 20KW unit). That issue never came up when the company came to inspect her existing unit, so I'm not buying that. I suspect they've got more demand than they can handle this week, and it's an excuse to scam an elderly person.

I'm ready to tell her to make her go/no go decision within the next 18 hours, so she can avoid getting stuck on I-75 on her way to me.
inlaws are in a similar boat except their in the "It'll all get better in a coupla day" crowd. They may be heading this way in the next day or so.

I would help out my neighbors to a point. If it came to a decision of them or us, us wins every time. Just a word to the wise keep any and all supplies/cache to yourself at all times. Loose lips sink ships.

I have one neighbor who is privy to my stores. We share strategic planning ideas all the time. I'm pretty certain that between our two households, we can weather out a sizeable situation. Those are the good sorts of neighbors to have, the ones on the same wavelength. One other neighbor's daughter is a student of my wife. As such, they probably have an inkling, knowing my wife probably discloses more than she ought to unknowingly...but besides that, I try not to talk that much with my other neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom