8 pounds 10 ounces with:

16” mid length gas mid weight barrel
empty mag
1-6 Lpvo
Fixed 45 degree irons
Lube bottle in handle
Bottom picatinny rail section for bipod
Shrouded muzzle brake

Mine is 8lbs 2oz with full 10 round mag of 6.8SPC and Elite Iron Suppressor. Without suppressor about 6.5lbs.
My 6.8.jpg

I keep thinking I'd like a lighter weight factory built AR. My primary rifle is a LMT MRP with quad rails (MRO optic) and it's a tank. Love the think and might try to find one of the newer m-lok versions in the near future, but I keep taking glances at the Faxon Ion and the 2A armament Balios lite rifles (or more than likely a pistol version with an SBA3). Anyone shot one of these?

The Faxon price is reasonable (~$1500) and weigh is nice (sub 5lbs). Balios Lite Gen 2 pistol is around $1800, but no weight listed (I assume it's a bit lighter, it's got a lot of ti parts on the build)....

SOLGW M4 patrol rifle (7lbs), Burris PEPR qd mount- (8oz), Redfield Revolution 2-7 (11oz), Streamlight protac AA (2.4oz). Total= 8lbs 4oz approx.

20191120_214347.jpg

I was tooling around with my Larue today putting my new optic on and thought to myself this is a hefty gun. Its really the only 16" AR I have aside from my Colt LE6920 but thats a project and its pretty naked. Anyways I decided to weigh it and then I weighed my 2 other ARs to see how they compare. I've listed the weights and mounted accessories below. Was wondering how much every one else's weighed and what all you have on it.

Ounces equals pounds and pounds equal pain. So how much does your AR hurt?

Rifles were unloaded

Larue Tactical PredatAR 5.56 = 9lbs
- EoTech HHS (EXPS 2-0 with G33 magnifier)
- Surefire Scout w/ dual switch
- Larue Handstop
- Larue RAT Stock

LMT MK18 Mod 0 = 8.2lbs and 9.4lbs (Unsuppressed and Suppressed)
- Aimpoint PRO w/ factory mount
- Streamlight Protac 2 w/ tape switch
- KAC VFG
- SOPMOD stock
- VTAC sling
- AAC M4-2000 suppressor

Honey Badger Killer PDW 300BLK= 5.8lbs and 7lbs (Unsuppressed and Suppressed)
- Primary Arms RDS
- Magpul VFG
- CMT PDW Stock
- AAC SDN-6 Suppressor

Looking at my HBK I think I want to get a little smaller and lighter suppressor for it. That SDN-6 is HEAVY
I wanna see the HB killer.

Back
Top Bottom