• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much for a day of deer hunting?

Ty31384

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
10   0
Reaction score
Is there any such thing as a place where you can rent AirBNB style but for an additional cost, you get hunting rights for the day/weekend? If so, what does something like that run?

Looking at buying a piece of property with a small lodge and I don’t need the land to hunt. However, the lodge is beautiful and has ducks and deer galore. If I don’t hunt it, no one will unless I rent it out. The property is pretty enough where I think we could rent it out easily during the winters without hunting, but if we can give a few hunters a place to hunt and watch a Georgia game too - well, that’d be alright.

There are lots of liabilities letting people hunt on your land

agreed. Liabilities don’t bother me too much with contracts and releases of liability. I am already a lessor with some tracts. They pay property taxes and that’s about it. I would like to reinvent the leasing arrangements because not everyone wants to join a club and do work.

Do you hunt or know how to scout for deer? If not may get some but to make it worthwhile for the insurance cost you will need to manage the land and get pictures of the quality bucks you have. Land is good enough with quality deer $500+ a night would be easy

Back
Top Bottom