• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much money | time have you spent prepping?

I've built my first couple of BoBs along with a couple of 55 gallons water drums and 30 days worth of dry storage emergency food over the past year. I've already spent like $1500 and I still want a lot more things like a bug out location outside of the city, geocashing supplies in the exurbs, getting emergency currency like hard cash, gold silver, etc.

I'm just wondering what some of y'all's supplies and bug out plans look like and how much you have invested in prepping?

You, may never stop spending Money. You, may buy can foods once a month that does not expire in 3-4 hrs one day. You, may be on ODT and someone is selling backpacks or Boxes of MRE's. You, may see a knew do it all Survival tool. Prepping to me is always on going. If, you have young kids as they get older you need to start teaching them how to use your Prep Equipment!

There is no reason to spend money on special prepping food. Just buy a years worth of canned food and then eat it. When you use a can, buy a can to replace it. No one needs 250lbs of dried pintos, you'll still have them in 10 years and it'll just be wasted money. Just buy pintos in a can and use them as part of your regular food. We can a lot of our own food because we have a garden and easily, but you can buy canned food just as easily and not waste anything.

Back
Top Bottom