• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much should brush hogging cost per hour

You have to pay a man to load a tractor, drive to your location, burn fuel getting there and while there, the actual time it takes to mow and then he has to load it all up and go home. That doesn't take into consideration he has to pay for and keep equipment up.

It will be a lot cheaper if you can find someone close by like a neighbor who can just run over and do it.
Was thinking the same thing... make a friend or 2 with the toys... buy'em some beer and gas (after offering to compensate for time).... might get it done

I have looked at those, this would be through out about 300 acers, so just depends on price I am given, on where I go from here. Would be three stretches aboub 200 yards 10 feet wide, and one about 100 yards and one about 50 yards

For a small job, have you considered renting a tractor and bush hog? If it is just grass... I think those walk behind DR mowers are about $125 per day to rent.
Those mowers will definitely clear a lot. Had one at the other place and it was well worth it.

300 acres? You need a tractor :)
Don't remember the context of the conversation, but I remember commenting to my wife that at no time in my entire existence had I lived in a house where there was not a Truck, Tractor and a Shotgun and I was not ready to change my ways at this late stage in life :cool:

Bingo…

300 acres? You need a tractor :)
Don't remember the context of the conversation, but I remember commenting to my wife that at no time in my entire existence had I lived in a house where there was not a Truck, Tractor and a Shotgun and I was not ready to change my ways at this late stage in life :cool:

Me too!! But only 40

Back
Top Bottom