• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much those CMP 1911’s will cost, and how they’ll do it.

Milsurp 1911’s have been readily available for decades, for a lot less than $1,000. In many cases, the ones that left the military stayed in much better shape than the ones that stayed. The ones kept in service were continually shot, improperly cleaned, and ended up as a handful of mismatched parts.

My last year in the Corps I was NCOIC of the main pistol range at Camp Lejeune. Many of the REMF’s that came through were still using 1911’s. I’ve never seen such a sad collection of worn out junk. I test-fired many that couldn’t put 3 rounds on cardboard at 25 yards.....that’s approximately 24”x36”. They were also a mix of parts from various manufacturers.

Good luck, y’all.

Milsurp 1911’s have been readily available for decades, for a lot less than $1,000. In many cases, the ones that left the military stayed in much better shape than the ones that stayed. The ones kept in service were continually shot, improperly cleaned, and ended up as a handful of mismatched parts.

My last year in the Corps I was NCOIC of the main pistol range at Camp Lejeune. Many of the REMF’s that came through were still using 1911’s. I’ve never seen such a sad collection of worn out junk. I test-fired many that couldn’t put 3 rounds on cardboard at 25 yards.....that’s approximately 24”x36”. They were also a mix of parts from various manufacturers.

Good luck, y’all.

Shut up and take my money

Good luck, y’all.
Couldnt hit 24x36 at 25 yards . I'd be madder than a hornet !!!

Good luck, y’all.

I deployed to Desert Storm just before the ground war as an in Theater replacement (Plused up units to 110% strength) and the CONUS Replacement Center at Fort Benning issued us 1911s. Everyone deployed had Berettas.

I had to scrounge up ammo, 5 rounds . Luckily I found a Track Commander who had an M-60 and I used his M-16.

After the war we got a bunch of ammo to shoot (recovery vehicle drivers with M3 Grease Guns were hording it). Everyone wanted to shoot the 1911 LOL.

My 1911 rattled like a can full of rocks.

I hope those buying one get nice ones, fingers crossed for you.

Well I guess I can sell my surplus 1911 mags and 45 Cal ammo I picked up in preparation for these being released...no thanks at $850-1050.

To hell with a CMP. I rather pick out a piece of stainless 1911 jewlry for that kind of money. Now ship me a M1 rifle fresh off the shelf with the cosmoline still on it for a 1000 and we will talk. Other than that go take hike. I was at River Bend Gun Club one day and a member had one he just ordered from some stock pile weapons dealer and lucked out and got one that looked like it just came off the assembly line. It was accurate as hell. It shot where you put the irons. I think he paid 1,100 for it. It was a real one in a life time score. It was beautiful. The wood looked freshly stained and the steel just coated. Unbelievable score! I even put a piece of paper in the breech and looked at the land and groves and sure enough it was a real deal new gun. Old but new.

Back
Top Bottom