• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much those CMP 1911’s will cost, and how they’ll do it.

Milsurp 1911’s have been readily available for decades, for a lot less than $1,000. In many cases, the ones that left the military stayed in much better shape than the ones that stayed. The ones kept in service were continually shot, improperly cleaned, and ended up as a handful of mismatched parts.

My last year in the Corps I was NCOIC of the main pistol range at Camp Lejeune. Many of the REMF’s that came through were still using 1911’s. I’ve never seen such a sad collection of worn out junk. I test-fired many that couldn’t put 3 rounds on cardboard at 25 yards.....that’s approximately 24”x36”. They were also a mix of parts from various manufacturers.

Good luck, y’all.

My Dad said the ones they shot in the Army were ragged and couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. This was in the mid 60's. I can't imagine how much worse they were by the 80's.

2a412h.jpg

My level of interest is inversely related to the price. Supply and demand ain't got nothing to do with it.
Not true. If the price was even lower and at a price that interest you the demand would be even higher, greatly decreasing the chances of you getting one. Supply and demand has everything to do with it.

Not true. If the price was even lower and at a price that interest you the demand would be even higher, greatly decreasing the chances of you getting one. Supply and demand has everything to do with it.
If you read my post and notice the double negative I agreed with you lol. But I'm only interested in one as a WWII collection item, I owned a Taurus 1911 (I know boo hiss and all) for a while and put several mags through it but it wasn't for me. Doesn't help that I'm a lefty.

If you read my post and notice the double negative I agreed with you lol. But I'm only interested in one as a WWII collection item, I owned a Taurus 1911 (I know boo hiss and all) for a while and put several mags through it but it wasn't for me. Doesn't help that I'm a lefty.
You sneaky bastard :lol:

Gonna get one, oh yeah.
:usa2:

I'm a milsurp guy so this certainly won't be the first purchase i've ever made that other people thought was too expensive. I'll bet we all have at least one. It probably won't be my last either....lol

Back
Top Bottom