• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much to replace U joints?

Driveshaft Service off 41 across from 3way camper. If you buy the joints there they will install for free.

Had Driveshaft service put a new tube on a 2 piece shaft, was about half of what a Norcross shop wanted and when I went to pick it up I mentioned I was going home to put the carrier bearing on ,they asked if I had it with me, which I did and installed it for free. Highly recommend them to anyone who needs this service.

It's not hard to do. But I'm with you somethings are just worth paying someone too do. Are you sure it's the joints and not the transmission?

If I recall correctly our 2002 Ford Explorer made a clunking sound when the rear wheel bearings were going bad, especially when putting it in reverse.

Rock Auto sucks. I paid 20 bucks extra to get a caliper shipped fast. I was supposed to get it on friday. When it still didn't arrive on Monday I called them and told them to return it. They didn't refund my money for over a month and charged me for the shipping both ways. It cost me 35 bucks to learn that I should never deal with them again.

If I recall correctly our 2002 Ford Explorer made a clunking sound when the rear wheel bearings were going bad, especially when putting it in reverse.

I am going a lot on mileage which mine has at 97k, and no other indications of bad wheel bearings.

Bought a BN (NOT rebuilt ) A/C compressor for my F150 from Rock Auto...lasted ONE WEEK !!! :(

I've rather buy from Advance Auto and apply an easily found discount code on my purchase...and they do free shipping (over $75) or local in-store pickup.
This way, if there is an issue, you've got a face to bitc h at.

Thanks to all of you that have responded to this thread with advice. Yes, I will check to be sure it is the U joints that are worn and have good ones installed or install myself.

Back
Top Bottom