• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much trouble could it be to mail something that fits in a flat rate box?

I did that once about 10 years ago. Went to a mailbox store place and the counter guy freaked out - then went to UPS and was told I had to do overnight delivery and was going to be around $100. When I said no- the UPS guy suggested I just don't tell him what's in the box and just do normal delivery for $20 and insure it just in case. Lots of "you can't" vs. "you shouldn't"
I used to ship pistols from the UPS hub in Athens. They required them to be overnighted at a cost of $80.

There was one girl that worked the counter sometimes that didn't know that. I could ship them for $20 when she was working.

Once she caught on and started making me overnight them, I stopped shipping "pistols" and started shipping "machine parts" LOL

Never been questioned about long guns in Macon's PO. I ship and receive all the time.
My Post Office NOW knows that they can ship long guns.

This was after the clerk acted like I had just handed her a box full of rattlesnakes and the post master got out his HUGE regulation book and tried to prove me wrong.

This was after the clerk acted like I had just handed her a box full of rattlesnakes and the post master got out his HUGE regulation book and tried to prove me wrong.

Dealing with the clerks in Macon is a welcome experience after 9 years in Chicago. The Lincoln Park post office was staffed by what I would term "functional retards", people barely able to wipe their own arse. Some needed to wear bibs to catch the drool stringing down from their slack jaws.

Serious question - how does shipping long guns work with not being able to possess guns on USPS property? Am I wrong on that?

Serious question - how does shipping long guns work with not being able to possess guns on USPS property? Am I wrong on that?
Well, considering the dearth of knowledge possessed by the postal clerks related to the shipping of firearms, I find it difficult to believe that they'd know that you weren't supposed to have one in your hands while on the property.

That's the same thing my poor wife went through but he proved himself wrong and had to suck it up.

They give you tape? Last time I stepped foot in the post office to mail something I had boxed, I asked for tape and the guy told me to go grab a roll off the shelf to buy and use; they don't give tape away! That was years ago - I mail everything from work now.
They sure didn't give tape away in Florida lol. I shipped a rifle once to an FFL and the post office tried to refuse to ship it but I had printed out there policy on shipping them so they told me I was good to go so I taped up the box. Then the boss said he had to see the rifle and opened the box but since I ran out of tape I had to BUY a roll to type it back up!!!

Dumbasses. You limit your customer base to the neckbeards in your AO only when you are too lazy or stupid to put an item in a flat rate box (which the PO will GIVE your cheap ass) and tape it up (with their damned tape!) and mail it. WTF? If your **** will fit, it should ship. Illiterates are excused from this rant. All others, flame away!

Priority, I agree, free boxes, free insurance ($50), they hand me rolls of priority tape, don't even have to ask, 2 day delivery,
25% discount when I print label at home, I get free unlimited bubble wrap (my secret) , give to my mailman or drop off in night box,
Out of 5000 items in 2 years - never had one lost/broken. Bash all you want people but especially Fedex, & Ups will play kickball
with your stuff worse than Ace Ventura in Pet Detective.

Every pistol I have bought online has been shipped priority to my lgs for a reason - none lost or damaged !

No you're right. They have big signs that say something about "no firearms" and "felony" and "$100,000 fine" and such.

I guess that's only if they choose to prosecute you for it, which I think the post master was getting close to doing to me when I told him that I wasn't leaving until they shipped my gun. LOL

So yeah, you can ship long guns with USPS even though you're technically not allowed to bring them into the building.

It's the US government. When do they ever do anything that makes sense?

Back
Top Bottom